Rage vs. non-Rage

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Rage vs. non-Rage

Postby vidgin » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Let's imagine situation that three of my non-Rage friends walk throught the forest. It's shiny day and suddenly (woop!) two rage-pirates appear in front of them. Two pirates attack one of my friend and ... none of two other friends can actually help the third one. They just stay and watch as their friend is being killed. So if I choose non-PvP character, then I actually don't get non-PvP character, I just get character who can't defend anyone, only myself and only in those cases when I am attacked by one stupid Rage-man. But we all know that no Rage-men would manhunt alone.

Ok, let's talk about that third my friend, who was attacked. We already know that nobody will help him. But what exactly will he get? Two Rage-pirates gives him only Oppressive opening and bit only with Cleave. In few moments they kill him permanetly because of destroying all his hhp.

So tell me, loftar and jorb, what am I understanding wrong in this situation? What the purpose of non-PvP way "without" permanent death? Should it work exactly as I mentioned? So all non-Rage players are just useless, because every Rage-group can permanently kill them one by one. New system actually destroy any opportunity of 2x2 battles or so. Because non-Rage players just can't do anything but die.

I really did think that if I will not take Rage skill, I will not die permanently from rng battle with some stranger. But now I see that I will perma die in both cases: with Rage or without Rage.
vidgin

Re: Rage vs. non-Rage

Postby Sevenless » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:19 pm

What the purpose of non-PvP way "without" permanent death?

Ironically, not taking rage only protects you against animals. Players have found ways around it because:

A) The devs refuse to change it so you can't equip items onto a KOed hearthling, which is only ever used for murdering via leeches. Especially since concussion wounds make KOing someone a pretty serious action.

B) Sand flees. They just made killing KOed hearthlings much easier due to how they were implemented. They should have a long cooldown where they won't bite after being dropped.

This means that only miners effectively should never buy rage in case of getting slimed or making mistakes with trolls. Everyone else is effectively in permadeath currently unless against opponents who have no clue what they're doing, which isn't many in such a small community.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby texno6 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:30 pm

It's time to get used to the fact that developers are doing everything through the ass. I am glad that they are programmers, not design engineers.

texno6

Postby Lojka » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:26 pm

you just buy rage and play untile your first pvp-loose

then wait for world reset

this is that simple

-------
and this is very bad - deaths from pvp make only less pvp and less players...

i can't even imagine what will stop someone from killing you - criminal status is not something bad, you just will be offline behind your indestructible walls
Lojka

Postby Headchef » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Sevenless wrote:
What the purpose of non-PvP way "without" permanent death?

Ironically, not taking rage only protects you against animals. Players have found ways around it because:

A) The devs refuse to change it so you can't equip items onto a KOed hearthling, which is only ever used for murdering via leeches. Especially since concussion wounds make KOing someone a pretty serious action.

B) Sand flees. They just made killing KOed hearthlings much easier due to how they were implemented. They should have a long cooldown where they won't bite after being dropped.

This means that only miners effectively should never buy rage in case of getting slimed or making mistakes with trolls. Everyone else is effectively in permadeath currently unless against opponents who have no clue what they're doing, which isn't many in such a small community.

Have you seen the inventory size of guys who carry coracle, food for energy + dont use leather backpack so they use cape and hussar wing?

It's very small. Until first evidence posted of this, I find this sand flea theory too unrealistic.

It would be great for people afking in public space as market maybe, but warriors carrying them around in significant amount for ko'd people?

Would like to see that happen to atleast one person before I consider it a reasonable possibility..

Also wasn't putting on leeches already disabled last world...? They changed that back? :o
Headchef

Postby Sevenless » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:24 pm

There have been many people murdered this world despite lacking rage and being full HHP. In a thread I saw about it, they mentioned leeching and sand-fleeing was how it was being done. I swear I read a thread recently where loftar alluded to not wanting to prevent leeching, but I'll accept the ass pants if I'm wrong about the mechanics without doing sufficient research.

Someone is doing it somehow, and not just through a lucky/perfectly calculated 90%hhp knockdown.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:37 pm

Headchef wrote:Have you seen the inventory size of guys who carry coracle, food for energy + dont use leather backpack so they use cape and hussar wing?

It's very small. Until first evidence posted of this, I find this sand flea theory too unrealistic.

It would be great for people afking in public space as market maybe, but warriors carrying them around in significant amount for ko'd people?

Would like to see that happen to atleast one person before I consider it a reasonable possibility..

Also wasn't putting on leeches already disabled last world...? They changed that back? :o

Fleas are somewhat useable because you can have your alts carry them. The leeches don't really work though, they don't damage people until after the person wakes up, even if you instantly take off all their gear and put the leeches on with a bot or something.

Sevenless wrote:Someone is doing it somehow, and not just through a lucky/perfectly calculated 90%hhp knockdown.

It's not that hard to pull off a kill on someone at max HHP when you outstat them decently at this stage. It's not last world where people had 10000+ strength, which made killing weaker characters harder. People also typically don't have 100% HHP from all the wounds in the fucking game at this stage.
DDDsDD999

Postby loskierek » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:56 pm

it should be allowed to defend a party member still tho i dont know what good it would do as in most cases rage char will have far superior gear/stats than average heartling. In a situation like this u run to water and drop atleast all the goodies you dont want to give away and accept ur fate while your mates heart back home. Its a game that always had looming death around it. I am a non rage character, but i find the lack of imminent death a bit boring.
loskierek

Postby rye130 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:59 pm

loskierek wrote:it should be allowed to defend a party member still tho i dont know what good it would do as in most cases rage char will have far superior gear/stats than average heartling.

Nope. Then high stat combat characters without rage will come along for pvp without having to risk anything.
rye130

Postby loskierek » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:00 pm

rye130 wrote:
loskierek wrote:it should be allowed to defend a party member still tho i dont know what good it would do as in most cases rage char will have far superior gear/stats than average heartling.

Nope. Then high stat combat characters without rage will come along for pvp without having to risk anything.

good point
loskierek

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas