inspecting trees for the color blind/ logs

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

inspecting trees for the color blind/ logs

Postby dorag » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:01 am

so colorblind ppl can inspect em and see what kind of tre they are in case their asked to get a spisific kind of tree by a friend idk if any color blind ppl play this gameo r if thats an issue seems like it may be helpfull tho
dorag

Re: inspecting trees for the color blind/ logs

Postby Grog » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:09 am

I think the info telling you what kind of tree it is is useful for anyone. I just mixed up a king's oak for a regular one because the light inside caves is different.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Hasta » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:01 am

erm resource info, telling you the exact name of an object you shift-mouseover? If you're using AMber client, enable with shift+I, then shift-mouseover for object name, ctrl-shift-mouseover for biome/cave tile name.
Hasta

Postby DatSheep » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:36 am

How about for people who have issues with clients or just want to use the default for their own reasons? :ugeek:
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby Hasta » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:51 am

DatSheep wrote:How about for people who have issues with clients or just want to use the default for their own reasons? :ugeek:

How about people who choose to play with just one hand, for their own reasons (for example, compulsive masturbation - it is a serious medical condition, you know)? Should we ask for basic voice commands recognition support in the default client as well?

I agree, the tooltip (resource info) should be avaliable in default client. Maybe it even exists there. I don't know, I've never used the default one, because, well, I don't hate myself THAT much. For my own reasons.
Hasta

Postby CaddoPuma » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:42 am

I suggested a different solution to this same problem last world.

I agree something needs to be done for people who use default client. Fortunately, I finally was able to acquire a GPU and now I am able to use Ardenne's client. But I still feel for those who can't, or choose not to use custom clients and fully support this QOL upgrade.
CaddoPuma

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:28 am

Hasta wrote:I agree, the tooltip (resource info) should be avaliable in default client. Maybe it even exists there. I don't know, I've never used the default one, because, well, I don't hate myself THAT much. For my own reasons.

You should at least check it out, as one of the vets here, so you can make recommendations to jorb and loftar as to what really needs to be in it. There are additions made here and there, such as quality is now visible, and you can turn on mining support radii.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby dageir » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:03 am

Hasta wrote:
DatSheep wrote:How about for people who have issues with clients or just want to use the default for their own reasons? :ugeek:

How about people who choose to play with just one hand, for their own reasons (for example, compulsive masturbation - it is a serious medical condition, you know)? Should we ask for basic voice commands recognition support in the default client as well?

I agree, the tooltip (resource info) should be avaliable in default client. Maybe it even exists there. I don't know, I've never used the default one, because, well, I don't hate myself THAT much. For my own reasons.

Not sure if voice command recognition would be the best in this case. The voice might change during, you know..
dageir

Return to Critique & Ideas