Remove cairns in lost challenged territory change.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Remove cairns in lost challenged territory change.

Postby Headchef » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:57 pm

The idea I propose is as follows:

Currently the mechanics regarding border cairns and the removal of them is incredibly garbage.

If you are facing ''claimers'' who dislike you and do know of your dislike of being in this realm, they can just spam build cairns in the realm ground they have already claimed.

We already have the requirement of it to be away from structures for some distance so that you cannot block with it so that is not the problem.

The problem is that the cairns themselves take ridiculous time to destroy, on top of needing to challenge the cairns indiidually on top of there possibly being many many in a close area.

This, without the usage of mindless bots, makes it very unfeasible to advance territory towards for example a friendly village being harassed.

To counter this I propose the following suggestion which I find very reasonable:

1 Realm cairn claims 450x450 tiles around it.

A realm cairn is destroyable after the challenge.

After this initial realm cairn is destroyed, other realm cairns in a 350x350 radius from the original destroyed realm cairn, lose their soak and are bashable in a minute.

Realm is expanded from already claimed realm land. Therefore the radius in which they lose soak is (significantly, 100x100 tiles), smaller than what the cairn claims.

This will mean you can challenge once, bash all extra unnecessary cairns who are just there to bring grief to those trying to remove, and then send a new challenge to the realm of the next area just like normal.

This recent ''increased cost'' of border cairns is first of all irrelevant on it's own, because making more cloth is no issue.

If anything, it just makes the griefing better because less will be doing it so those who do take the extra mile to do this effectively grief harder in a way.

However with the change I proposed;

Challenging/removal of realm cairns remains fair same mechanic as now, however the extra spammed border cairns for purpose of annoyance can be destroyed with more ease if the original challenged cairn was destroyed.

Can put 1 hour duration on this soak being gone from the cairns in 350x350, does not have to be long, this is purely to combat cancerous spamming of cairns.

Thanks for the read and let me know what you think.
Headchef

Re: Remove cairns in lost challenged territory change.

Postby Ants » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:00 pm

That would make cairn spam a lot less of a problem. Jorb, please consider?
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby RainbowMoostache » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:03 pm

I like this! It's an alternative to the absolute mess of mechanics we have now. Here's a +1 from me.
RainbowMoostache

Postby Kaios » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:15 pm

Increase the maintenance cost of seamarks and all cairns extended from them and then I would agree such a change would be fair. Otherwise how exactly does it create a better system for everyone if you are only making it more difficult for most realms to maintain their influence while it gets easier for the dominant realm to take locations over?
Kaios

Postby borka » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:21 pm

No buffs - no cairn ;)
borka

Postby stya » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:54 pm

Headchef wrote:...on top of needing to challenge the cairns indiidually..

[*] Challenging a Border Cairn will now also place secondary challenges against all other Border Cairns within the area of the Cairn first challenged. Secondary challenges thusly placed will, of course, not themselves lead to yet further challenges.
stya

Return to Critique & Ideas