It's impossible to compete in this game if you have a life

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: It's impossible to compete in this game if you have a li

Postby Ants » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:12 am

julian12it wrote:Are you guys reading the same thread? The issue being addressed relates to gaining stats and the imbalance relating to quests and the hunger system. A stat cap is the least of our worries at the moment since no one has reached 1000 base or 700 base (maybe someone). Item gilds and boost would be the increasing factor in making someone stronger or better than another so the person who grinds still comes out on top.

You can steal someone's gilded clothes. You can't steal their stats. So, I think it would be better than what we currently have.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby _Gunnar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:03 am

julian12it wrote:Are you guys reading the same thread? The issue being addressed relates to gaining stats and the imbalance relating to quests and the hunger system. A stat cap is the least of our worries at the moment since no one has reached 1000 base or 700 base (maybe someone). Item gilds and boost would be the increasing factor in making someone stronger or better than another so the person who grinds still comes out on top.

I think you’re being a little shortsighted. If you have a stat cap, any advantage from questing or other thing is just a transient, and additionally the finite nature of character growth means that new players can use such systems to catch up.
_Gunnar

Postby julian12it » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:07 am

Ants wrote:You can steal someone's gilded clothes. You can't steal their stats. So, I think it would be better than what we currently have.

This wouldn't be better than what we have now. The main issue affecting people in the game (especially PVP scene) is that fact you can quest 10 hours a day and reach heights that are not reachable by players who consistently play 4-5 hours a day. A stat cap will just hinder the player base that will bare through questing and fucked up satiations. Limiting players on a sandbox game that is purely established off the idea of competitions is the most ludicrous shit I've heard.
> Add stat cap
> People quit because fucked up questing and satiations
> People who dealt through the satiations and questing quit because they're given a limit
> PVP turns to more numbers = win or exploits to win
> Grinding for stats or general grind (farming, smithing, etc.) turns to find exploits or crafting the same shit over and over again.

_Gunnar wrote:I think you’re being a little shortsighted. If you have a stat cap, any advantage from questing or other thing is just a transient, and additionally the finite nature of character growth means that new players can use such systems to catch up.

You have to focus on the issues now or else later solutions will not resolve anything if the player base is cut. *Insert Loftar's message saying "People always quit"*
julian12it

Postby Ants » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:20 am

julian12it wrote:
Ants wrote:You can steal someone's gilded clothes. You can't steal their stats. So, I think it would be better than what we currently have.

This wouldn't be better than what we have now. The main issue affecting people in the game (especially PVP scene) is that fact you can quest 10 hours a day and reach heights that are not reachable by players who consistently play 4-5 hours a day. A stat cap will just hinder the player base that will bare through questing and fucked up satiations. Limiting players on a sandbox game that is purely established off the idea of competitions is the most ludicrous shit I've heard.
> Add stat cap
> People who dealt through the satiations and questing quit because they're given a limit
> Grinding for stats or general grind (farming, smithing, etc.) turns to find exploits or crafting the same shit over and over again.

_Gunnar wrote:I think you’re being a little shortsighted. If you have a stat cap, any advantage from questing or other thing is just a transient, and additionally the finite nature of character growth means that new players can use such systems to catch up.

You have to focus on the issues now or else later solutions will not resolve anything if the player base is cut. *Insert Loftar's message saying "People always quit"*

If the stat cap only applied to battle skills, would people who put up with satiations and questing really quit? I don't PVP enough to know. I just get the impression that if the battlefield is more even, the competition is likely to increase.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby _Gunnar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:07 pm

If you read my specific suggestion for the implementation of a stat cap (disclaimer: I'm not the one who first made that suggestion), it is dynamic and tied in with industry. So there is no actual hard limit, but the grind is placed into industry, as it should be, and not in talking to trees and rocks.

julian12it wrote:This wouldn't be better than what we have now. The main issue affecting people in the game (especially PVP scene) is that fact you can quest 10 hours a day and reach heights that are not reachable by players who consistently play 4-5 hours a day.

fixed by tying the cap to industry, no?
A stat cap will just hinder the player base that will bare through questing and fucked up satiations. Limiting players on a sandbox game that is purely established off the idea of competitions is the most ludicrous shit I've heard.

Except it doesn't, if you read the specific suggestion.
> Add stat cap

Why would you quit when the questing and satiations is not the limiting factor, but industry is?

There is no hard limit in the concept I put forward.

Or the faction with the superior industry wins.

That seems like a separate issue to me, not sure what you're getting at with this last point.
_Gunnar

Postby pimotimo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:42 pm

Quests seems to have been nerfed and I dont think they are that bad anymore, i would still prefer LESS RNG overall and diferent rewards tho. Satiations I dont love them and I would prefer to be less RNG on it but I dont think they are as bad as some ppl say they are anymore. Also what do u expect? ppl who play 2 hours a day must be close in stats/atributes than some1 who plays 10-14 hours? Thats not how it should work.
pimotimo

Postby Massa » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:05 am

azrid wrote:See you!
The game has and always will be developed for the younger generation. I don't see this changing just because YOU realized you got old.
You have to accept that you are not a young kid anymore and join the rest of us boomers in larping and shitposting or move on.

i knew you were a larper and didn't play the game
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby GamingRAM » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:23 am

One idea I had a while back was that stat caps should be based upon a Realm's level. Many games have "Zones" with different level ranges, so why not give the players the ability to create stat caps that only exist within certain areas.

In the wilderness (non-realm lands) everyone would be stat capped at say.... 500. Then in Realm A the stat caps may be 750 (based on things like, number of dungeon related items sacrificed, quests done, etc, thus creating a more active, higher level zone).
If you have stats at 750, but enter Realm B which has a stat cap of 600, your stats would be temporarily 600 (gear is excluded from this cap), giving a "weaker" realm a slightly better chance at fighting back (typically a stronger realm will have more fighters and better gear).

Of course this solution isn't perfect (worried about things like satellite realms, being capped by other realms might not feel "fair"), but I think allowing the players to impact the global and/or realm stat cap would be a far better route than setting some arbitrary stat cap with no one ever altering it.
Perhaps instead of being capped by another realm, if you're over it's level the stats above it would decreased by some formula? (Say your real stats are 1000 in a 600 capped Realm, then your stats would be 600 + 200 or something, rather than just 600?).
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby azrid » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:32 am

Massa wrote:i knew you were a larper and didn't play the game

I play more than you.
azrid

Postby dorag » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:48 am

+1
dorag