It's impossible to compete in this game if you have a life

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: It's impossible to compete in this game if you have a li

Postby Astarisk » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:24 pm

Granger wrote:
Potjeh wrote:Infinite stat growth is the real problem. People that have lives tend to take breaks from games, and that is severely punished when there's infinite stat growth.

This.

Once you add in a stat cap you need to add in content that a player can do outside of grinding stats. Currently this game seems to lack anything beyond that. Until then stats and progression seems to be the main content of the game -- and limiting them will just lead to a max exodus similar to what happened when they DID implement stat caps.

It's been tried and failed.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby azrid » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:34 pm

You forgot there are dungeons for the endless hp gains.
And stat caps were tried in a retarded way by putting the limiter way too low.
azrid

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:39 pm

MightySheep wrote:if u dont wanna quit ur job and neglect then why should u be as good as someone who is fully comitted?? smh

god youre the type to play p2w games and be like why should you deserve to win when i pay more money!?!?
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby boshaw » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:41 pm

Just use bots like jorb intended ¦] . A good number of the quests aren't that bad to do without a human around.
boshaw

Postby Astarisk » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:43 pm

azrid wrote:You forgot there are dungeons for the endless hp gains.
And stat caps were tried in a retarded way by putting the limiter way too low.

What would you have the limiter at? No matter what you put it at you need to ask the question: "I've hit the stat cap. Now what do I do?".
Most people quit -- I was left alone in my village and just stopped even feeding my animals until I quit from boredom. All we are doing is just moving that arbitrary line.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Sevenless » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Limit the number of quests you can complete per day. Boom, band aid applied.

I think this is a symptom more than a direct problem. How do you allow catch up without active character development pulling ahead to being uncompetitive without abusing it constantly or stat caps?

I liked my idea on the topic but I dunno, encouraging titans seems kinda shitty.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Kirche » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Sevenless wrote:Limit the number of quests you can complete per day. Boom, band aid applied.

I think this is a symptom more than a direct problem. How do you allow catch up without active character development pulling ahead to being uncompetitive without abusing it constantly or stat caps?

I liked my idea on the topic but I dunno, encouraging titans seems kinda shitty.

I'm more in favor of the idea that someone has presented in the past that quests can give you an lp/xp/hunger buff that last for a few days rather than having a limit on the amount of quest you can do.
Kirche

Postby jock » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Sevenless wrote:Limit the number of quests you can complete per day. Boom, band aid applied.

Improve the world not the person. Thats what questing should be increase the ql of soil, tree(type), clay(type). Herb, animal, fish etc.

All of this will compound and allow newer players to enter at a higher level of access. Rather than starting from zero. Boom catch up mechanic added.

Questing ahould give xp and reduce curio time by 5%. Bur through curios still gotta make more. Would mean they would go up in inherant value.
jock

Postby nosfirebird » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:04 pm

dont even need to limit the number of quests just remove the fucking hunger reduction and lp gains but w11 is alrdy fucked by stupidity (hunger,questing,satiation nerfs upon nerfs upon nerfs) dunno why anyone even bothers posting since devs dont read this forum. they want no lifers to play the game once everyone who has a life leaves they will see their $$ tank since its the ppl with a life paying them while the no lifers sell ingame items for irl dual universe here i come
nosfirebird

Postby CSPAN » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:08 pm

Remove hunger reduction and LP gain from quests.Appropriate amounts of EXP only. Quests are fixed.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas