It's impossible to compete in this game if you have a life

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: It's impossible to compete in this game if you have a li

Postby Ants » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:41 am

nosfirebird wrote:For stat caps to work, we would need a whole new endgame. Got any ideas?

Personally I dislike the idea of stat caps for things that aren't related to fighting.

pvp and siege are endgame content loads of it if siege gets balanced. the whole wiping thing is also a issue the amount of grind thats in the game is ok for a server lasting 5+ years its not ok for a server that will wipe within a year like w11[/quote]
Got any ideas to fix siege?
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:00 am

Ants wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:For stat caps to work, we would need a whole new endgame. Got any ideas?

Personally I dislike the idea of stat caps for things that aren't related to fighting.

pvp and siege are endgame content loads of it if siege gets balanced. the whole wiping thing is also a issue the amount of grind thats in the game is ok for a server lasting 5+ years its not ok for a server that will wipe within a year like w11

Got any ideas to fix siege?[/quote]

dont know much about siege so cant comment on how to make it better just that it needs to be possible to raid someone without having to camp a ram for 24 hrs people have lives

i mean it gives you 24 hours notice so just make it so that the rams are indestructible even if they place it at 3am they can only get through 1 wall before having to wait 6 h hours you then can fight at 9 am if you plan your village around the idea of having 1 or 2 buffers then it doesnt matter if they place it down at 3 am because you can fight them at 3pm
nosfirebird

Postby Frantianno228 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:09 am

MagicManICT wrote:I did my best to "compete" in world 5. Since then, i've just not had the heart to. It doesn't matter if there are quests or not, curios or LP for actions, or whatever other method of progression there is. Much like WoW and other MMOs, if you can't put the time in, you're not going to stay up with the bleeding edge.

Quests and the food system definitely need some more major balancing passes, though. Curios are actually in a pretty solid place in comparison to those two since the study desk was introduced. (The bigger restriction on curios is time to produce materials from mining, farming, foraging, and hunting.)

2 tea for this boi
My discord -> Frantianno#0620
My youtube channel ->
Frantianno228

Postby riisinkerääjä » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:56 am

Legit more timegate is cancer ofc you need to be rewarded on skill and effort you put in. If you are lazy you got lower stats makes sense. There is going to be always huge gaps on people who dont know how to play the game and those who know how to play amd that how it should stay
riisinkerääjä

Postby Pills » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:18 am

riisinkerääjä wrote:Legit more timegate is cancer ofc you need to be rewarded on skill and effort you put in. If you are lazy you got lower stats makes sense. There is going to be always huge gaps on people who dont know how to play the game and those who know how to play amd that how it should stay

except a game shouldn't require 24/7 playtime in order to stay competitive. I agree with the points in this thread, questing really just needs to be removed or only reward xp & gild rocks/leafs. hunger & LP rewards from questing are just fucking stupid. It won't be long (probably already has been started) until people are botting quests with roads for this reason. Questing is broken and many attempts to fix it have been tried, just remove it already. There's also a HUGE difference between "those who know how to play the game" and "those who have NOTHING to do except play the game because they have nothing in their lives."

Satiations are just shit. Satiations now mean spend all your time questing and spend all your money on tokens to buy salt or you're behind.

like Ozzy says, unless you basically live on this game you have no chance of even remotely keeping up. Because its entire gameplay is aimed at 14/16 year olds who just skip school and have zero life commitments and can spend literally their entire lives sat in their bedrooms playing this game. The grind on this game is currently in the worst state is has ever been in (with the exception of that one time everyone just clear cut forests to make buckets for LP).
Pills

Postby terechgracz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:15 am

Maybe this game would benefit if we made it hardcore pvp where you die every session instead harcore grindfest.
terechgracz

Postby yggdream » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:21 am

terechgracz wrote:Maybe this game would benefit if we made it hardcore pvp where you die every session instead harcore grindfest.

Haven battle royale, when?

¦]
yggdream

Postby Frantianno228 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:23 am

> MY STATS SUX, I CANT FIGHT, SACRAER HAVE X2 STATS THAN ME

>>You need to Make some quests, u need to drop hunger level and earn some lPs boi

> Spending 12+h to play Albion, League of Legends,POE, trading in haven,mining and critting metal
>Spending 0h on questing

> creates forum thread
>pls nerf questing

When all AD fighters was playing haven and hearth, sir Ozzy was playing POE for 12h/day
Now he is shitposting on forum about questing lOL
this is all what u need to know

My discord -> Frantianno#0620
My youtube channel ->
Frantianno228

Postby VertixenTV » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:38 am

Satiations are ok, but the quests should be limited to a few per day, for example like 5 quests per day
VertixenTV

Postby boshaw » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:50 am

riisinkerääjä wrote: rewarded on skill and effort you put in.

There's no skill required to quest or do most of the things in this game. Just effort or bots.
boshaw

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas