It's impossible to compete in this game if you have a life

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: It's impossible to compete in this game if you have a li

Postby Frantianno228 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:52 am

boshaw wrote:
riisinkerääjä wrote: rewarded on skill and effort you put in.

There's no skill required to quest or do most of the things in this game. Just effort or bots.

theres no questing bots in this game X D
My discord -> Frantianno#0620
My youtube channel ->
Frantianno228

Postby Pills » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:54 am

Frantianno228 wrote:
boshaw wrote:

There's no skill required to quest or do most of the things in this game. Just effort or bots.

there is zero chance of there being "no questing bots in this game". There are roads for fast travel, easy to make quest hubs, only a matter of time until those are built for people to have a quest bot up and running.

All your posts in this thread are "leave your walls and quest", "ozzy is shitposting" and "there are no bots" rather than actually making any constructive comment towards the thread you're just trying to derail it.
Last edited by Pills on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pills

Postby MadNomad » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:59 am

enjoy your pain ¦]
MadNomad

Postby pppp » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:03 pm

Agreeing with OP. Having a life means one has already lost the game.
That's why I do not even try to compete, just try to do better than average which is good enough for me.

We probably could have more things on reverse timer (i.e. buffer that fills over time and can be fully used in a moment) so there is no need to do stuff every 3 hours.
Satiations in particular could use that mode.
Make satiations grow over time up to 300% (or whatever to make it slightly over 24 hours worth) (aka craving) but count these as 100% until they go below 100%

Hunger rewards are nice idea but they need nerf so it is not possible to go below 150% hunger with quests. Meta will be to quest down to 150% before logging out but that would be still better than current situation.

LP bonuses from questing as an idea are also nice, but daily hardcap per char (as suggested earlier) would help.

Local area upgrade (like +1 to rabbits) is a nice thing and could happen more often but if it becomes too good, it will be abused (e.g. why bother raising crop q if I can raise www q into the sky and just dry on a drying rack, why bother hunting mammoth if I can have q1000 rabbits locally).

I think we need more variety of rewards from quests so it makes less point to focus on only one of possible outcomes.
I think posters above were mixing up satiations with hunger, but we could have some <satiation reduction> quest rewards, though given abuse potential, these should be not frequent enough to be worthy questing for.

Then we can have some <localized resource stuff> handed out as quest rewards as well as more unique items, like gilding leaf or stone. There could be an item that immediately pushes all plants one stage forward, working in some radius, a single-use but faster counterpart of a beehive. There is a possibility of abuse here, it should be not possible to use this thing on the same plant twice.

Bring <x> item quests should be more frequent and then <given something that was lying around> reward should be more frequent because it naturally brings variety. Perhaps there should be a requirement that item q is no less than certain % of character dex/per/carp/exp/whatever, similar to how numen works, generaly forcing higher chars to deliver more valuable stuff.
This type of quests and rewards is good because it enables flow of good stuff from more developed players to less developed ones.
pppp

Postby MadNomad » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:09 pm

pppp wrote:(e.g. why bother raising crop q if I can raise www q into the sky and just dry on a drying rack, why bother hunting mammoth if I can have q1000 rabbits locally)

that's... interesting ¦]
MadNomad

Postby shubla » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:22 pm

VertixenTV wrote:Satiations are ok, but the quests should be limited to a few per day, for example like 5 quests per day

Quests also give hunger relief, which is a must if you want to be gud.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby shubla » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:24 pm

Frantianno228 wrote:
boshaw wrote:

He did not say that there would be one. He meant that generally, most things in game can be done with either bots or just time and effort. Which is true.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Vert » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:33 pm

we need titan debuff, if person has x2 more fep that other 50-80% community he get -50% fep from food.
same things can be made with lp.
they still can grind they stats but will spend 2x time for that.
and it doesnt effect other people.
Vert

Postby Kaios » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:54 pm

It's rather difficult to almost being impossible to defeat a player that out-stats you by a reasonable margin, unarmed and melee being important factors but the most important factor of all in combat is agility. Any player with higher agility than you, especially enough to negate the cooldown increase of B12, has a much higher chance of winning a fight. For example, you are doing flex/kito to a stronger player and you finally manage to get enough blue opening in to go for an opportunity knocks, so you do it and then within 2 seconds you've just lost 4 IP and the other player has reduced their blue opening twice with sidestep in that time. Then if they also have higher unarmed or mc than you (or both) and you manage to avoid allowing them to get any big hits in you will STILL eventually lose because of the small damage from punches, quick barrage, full circle, etc.

There's no skill involved in that system.
Kaios

Postby DPblH » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:35 pm

VertixenTV wrote:Satiations are ok, but the quests should be limited to a few per day, for example like 5 quests per day

Why it is ok, while it is pure random and quests are not ok, which are also pure random.
Moreover I dont see how to catch up with current food system. 100q and 1000q symbel for example has no effect for noobs, there is the same chance to be fucked up with that mad amounts of satiations. Food quality also gives nothing, because after 2-3 pieces of food you can stay at 10% effiency 0% is also possible.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas