Hats for animals pls

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Hats for animals pls

Postby Vigilance » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:38 pm

this thread makes me think of a certain pig i met in a certain village, who was named "gib hats pls" +1

Granger wrote:And please add a client side toggle that disables display of silly things (eg. shop hats in general) so the ones that don't want suspension of disbelief being broken by superficial cartoonish elements can opt out to enjoy the visuals of the pure game - without being exposed to these abominations.

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:That being said, I hear you on wanting the hats to be invisible.

get out of here with this, you both know full well this isn't the place to mention that, even if it was actually a good suggestion/idea instead of this foolish drivel.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby jordancoles » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:46 pm

Silly hats with a silly hat toggle sounds best to me
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Saergof » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:25 am

Hatter credo with such ability as a reward, becomes available after tailor credo is completed.
Saergof

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:13 am

Granger wrote:Stitching seems a bit overly harsh to the animal, simply RMB'ing them onto them should do the trick.

Bump. We can put hats on ghosts, so why can't on animals?
3 "why's":
1. Would look funny. (Better aesthetics is always good)
2. Wouldn't require any new mechanics. (Easy code-work is always good)
3. Would be a good solution to mark animals for different target products. (Helpful fix is always good)
So it's a "triple plus" idea
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby vatas » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:27 pm

+1
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Vulgarr » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:59 pm

And please add a client side toggle that disables display of silly things (eg. shop hats in general) so the ones that don't want suspension of disbelief being broken by superficial cartoonish elements can opt out to enjoy the visuals of the pure game - without being exposed to these abominations.

Lord forbid we make the tone silly or cartoony in the game where strange little men pick leaves off of beating wooden hearts to make voodoo masks to go with their bunny slippers on their way to pick dancing flowers, fear a narrow body of water more than bears, wear cheese rings, punch wooly mammoths, get high on drugs as the screen trips out, half the food names are puns and the worst fear in our hearts is shrek coming out of a wall to kill us and the dab is a default emote. :D (I'm not actually messing with you I'm just giving you a hard time in good fun.)

Honestly why not- we can put hats on the snowmen too (Btw- Please add a lore event for a cylinder hat on a snowman!)
Vulgarr

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas