Nerf Food more

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Nerf Food more

Postby loleznub » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Since the devs main focus has been to make our life living hell, especially in regards to food and cooking I believe this holds a strong point:

DPblH wrote:You still can mass produce food. Just drop it to the ground. Btw, I still have cupboards of food from first weeks of the world, nice food nerfs! Please nerf something more.

It occurred to me having food from the start of the world simply doesn't make sense. In fact, I think it would make more sense to cause the vast majority of foods, and ingredients, to "expire" much in the same way brimstone and snow does.

Eating (or using spoiled ingredients for recipes) spoiled food would fill your energy, but give you negative HHP FEPS much like eating raw meat in legacy did.

This not only keeps in line with your developmental vision of making the game essential work by creating a timer for all food to be created and consumed, but also forces players to constantly be active in hunting (more opportunities to gank), and may also provide interesting mechanics for sieging ( by allowing you to effectively starve your enemies out)

¦]
loleznub

Re: Nerf Food more

Postby Aceb » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:09 pm

Pick one:
1. Starve your enemies to death
2. Starve yourself while waiting for enemy to die, since they will put less effort into farming ¦]

Beside I don't like it implies that farm products would spoil
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:35 pm

Would make food too overpowered.
DDDsDD999

Postby Uriel » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:42 pm

Again... dont give them those ideas :P
We already have bufs to warm food of few kind.

But maybe with coming seasons (when?) That wouldnt be so bad... if there was some kind of long lasting food, new graniers types etc. Making supplies for winter would be cool :)
Uriel

Postby DPblH » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:51 am

Food simply should be removed, at least for FEPs. Eat lotuses for stats.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Return to Critique & Ideas