Survival Requirement Sucks

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Survival Requirement Sucks

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:03 am

Putting a minimum survival requirement for killing high quality animals is such an obnoxious mechanic, I get that the point of it is to prevent players from killing a q500 moose with only 200 survival but it prevents any players that don't meet the surv requirements for high quality animal spawns or trolls and chasm conch from helping the players who do meet the requirements with fighting those things. One punch from a guy with low surv can entirely ruin the quality of something you are killing together.

In many villages players specialize their characters for performing specific duties and it really lessens the enjoyment of playing together when you are unable to help out the survival guys as a fighter with some of the more difficult mobs because your survival is shitty.

I would rather stuff at least take the quality of the player with highest surv that attacked it instead of the crappy way it works now.
Kaios

Re: Survival Requirement Sucks

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:14 am

you can still help them moves that dont do actual damage to the mob doesnt lower the q. (flex/opk)
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Fierce_Deity » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:18 am

What wonder said. Uppercut is a good one if you go for sideswipes. That being said, I wouldn't mind something more dynamic. A sum of a few stats could be the cap, rather than just survival. Could be survival, will and some other stat like lore for woodland creatures and masonry for cave mobs.
Fierce_Deity

Postby Uriel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:39 am

I like surv cap.
Uriel

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:52 am

wonder-ass wrote:you can still help them moves that dont do actual damage to the mob doesnt lower the q. (flex/opk)

Yeah but that just makes the argument stronger that it’s a pointless mechanic in the first place. It only encourages players to cheese things more often or be forced in to using less man power and punishes for trying to fight legitimately if you make a mistake or have to be the one to finish off the kill. It is quite dissatisfying to go through the risk and effort of killing a troll for example only to have that scenario occur and is simply not fun for the players involved spamming a single attack watching their friends tank and deal all the damage.
Kaios

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:56 am

Kaios wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:you can still help them moves that dont do actual damage to the mob doesnt lower the q. (flex/opk)

Yeah but that just makes the argument stronger that it’s a pointless mechanic in the first place. It only encourages players to cheese things more often or be forced in to using less man power and punishes for trying to fight legitimately if you make a mistake or have to be the one to finish off the kill. It is quite dissatisfying to go through the risk and effort of killing a troll for example only to have that scenario occur and is simply not fun for the players involved spamming a single attack watching their friends tank and deal all the damage.

its annoying yes but id rather have this than killing q400 mammoth day 1 with alt spam.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:59 am

Well that won’t happen if there’s still a surv req but it just takes the highest surv of any player that attacked. And one might respond with “well I could take a high surv character, attack something and then run away and finish it off with someone else” and my response to that would be it’s difficult to do that with trolls and everything else can be cheesed anyways.
Kaios

Postby MightySheep » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:27 am

Personally I'd prefer a softcap rather than hard cap. That way when you kill really high ql animal it's still at least counts for something rather than the quality just being destroyed.
Last edited by MightySheep on Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MightySheep

Postby Ants » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:14 am

Study more curios.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:00 am

MightySheep wrote:Personally I'd prefer a softcap rather than hard cap. That way when you kill really high ql animal it's still at least counts for something rather than the quality just being destroyed.

You mean like arrows work?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas