Survival Requirement Sucks

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Survival Requirement Sucks

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:56 pm

azrid wrote:I like having reasons to up skills and stats.
If your friends can't wear survival set to help you then they are alts.

Mammoths can be killed in palisades by one person, trolls can be damaged by high surv players and punched by low surv players for opening, chasm conch can be defeated by one person as well although it’s easier if you have another guy doing opp knocks or punching but that’s really all it takes to defeat any of those things.

Sarge wrote:
Kaios wrote:What about the miner that needs hunter level fighting stats just to survive slime and boreworm encounters but also has to raise masonry instead of surv. Preventing X from doing Y would encourage more alt use instead would it not? Or if not alts then finding more creative ways to work around the system.

That sounds like a problem with mining and issues related, not survival.

I’m not saying it’s a problem at all, I’m saying there’s nothing wrong with players that specialize in different areas being able to take part in the fun content. If you guys prefer the way it is now, creating alts for every task, relying on high surv players to kill anything good, being unable to contribute to the damage in risky PvE fights because one hit ruins the quality of a mob and missing out on content like dungeons, chasm conch, trolls because you decided to raise different stats then I guess that is great for you. I personally don’t see the current meta changing though without some changes to how the mechanics work.

Not sure why someone would argue against being able to have fun with your village without ruining your attempts at progression as well.
Kaios

Postby azrid » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Animal quality only goes so high. I don't see a problem.
azrid

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:34 pm

Great point, even more reason to get rid of this inane mechanic of lowering the quality because a guy with less surv dealt damage. Is the softcap with arrow quality encouraging anyone to hunt with bows? Rhetorical question, it doesn’t.
Kaios

Postby sabinati » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:11 pm

Kaios wrote:What about the miner that needs hunter level fighting stats just to survive slime and boreworm encounters but also has to raise masonry instead of surv. Preventing X from doing Y would encourage more alt use instead would it not? Or if not alts then finding more creative ways to work around the system.

why wouldn't you get decent surv on that char for good q slime and boreworm?
sabinati

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:17 pm

You mean on my miner/fighter/hunter/crafter with rage? Why don’t I just raise everything else too right it’s so easy.
Kaios

Postby pimotimo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:40 pm

I also like the surv cap too tbh
pimotimo

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:44 pm

pimotimo wrote:I also like the surv cap too tbh

Why? It already did what it was intended to do as MagicMan said which was to stop players from getting very high quality animals early on which in previous worlds was a main contributor towards increasing the rate of progression at the very early stages. We are no longer in those stages and players with 400+ surv are already available to collect the high q bones.

I have yet to see one good reason for why this mechanic should stay the way it is, all you guys have done so far is prove my points about alts and cheesing. This player base has become too accustomed to building up alts for everything.
Kaios

Postby azrid » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:08 pm

You simply ignore good reasons by pretending they prove your point.
azrid

Postby sabinati » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:15 pm

Kaios wrote:You mean on my miner/fighter/hunter/crafter with rage? Why don’t I just raise everything else too right it’s so easy.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
sabinati

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:25 pm

azrid wrote:You simply ignore good reasons by pretending they prove your point.

What are the good reasons, the people who said they like the mechanic did not explain why. Neither did you.

sabinati wrote: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yes, excellent response. Why bother taking any risk on my character every time I mine clearly I’m being a newbie by not splitting my stats between characters.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas