Survival Requirement Sucks

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Survival Requirement Sucks

Postby MightySheep » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:06 pm

Kaios wrote:I would rather stuff at least take the quality of the player with highest surv that attacked it instead of the crappy way it works now.

Bump for this
MightySheep

Postby terechgracz » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:12 pm

Just make survival hardcapping butchering and softcapping animal q, that way even not fully skilled hunters can hunt for villages.
terechgracz

Postby Glorthan » Fri May 01, 2020 1:52 am

Hunter credo could double the effective survival softcap for animal hunting.

A skilled hunter should be better at not fucking up the quality of animals, right???
Glorthan

Postby LaserSaysPew » Sat May 02, 2020 4:25 am

Why not move the hardcapping part from damaging the animal to spawning it?
As I understand animals spawn when a character loads a map tile. Why not just take that character's survival into consideration during that process and hardcap any animals spawned by them?

1. Gangbang that animal as much as you want - the q won't drop, anyone can take part.
2. There will be no q500 mammoths spawning at day 1.
3. There will be no naked alts running around checking q500 mammoths spots at later stages.

Pure profit for everyone. Well, except for the guys that use those naked alts of course.
LaserSaysPew

Postby dafels » Sat May 02, 2020 8:46 am

LaserSaysPew wrote:Why not move the hardcapping part from damaging the animal to spawning it?
As I understand animals spawn when a character loads a map tile. Why not just take that character's survival into consideration during that process and hardcap any animals spawned by them?

I've had the same idea, instead of hard capping the animal on damage, hard cap it by the player's survival that has spawned it.
The botters will go REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
dafels

Postby honeythief » Sat May 02, 2020 8:09 pm

Don't you guys like it when you punch/pick up anything and it rots instantly to the point it's so low q it's unusable for anything, just because your entire gameplay doesn't revolve around learning as much junk as possible and spending 18 hours a day to talk to trees.
And this mechanic only exists because Jorbtar thinks that preserving early world stage(which ends 2 weeks after the wipe, thanks to big groups that steamroll content) is so important that it's okay to let it affect people who play in worlds that are up to 2 years old.
:oops: :oops: :oops:
honeythief

Postby MagicManICT » Sun May 03, 2020 2:42 am

One solution is to bring back the "civilization" levels from w3 legacy. Most everyone will be running around fighting q50 bears on the central continent because of the number of players there.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun May 03, 2020 2:45 am

MagicManICT wrote:One solution is to bring back the "civilization" levels from w3 legacy. Most everyone will be running around fighting q50 bears on the central continent because of the number of players there.

Bring back animal levels while you're at it you hack frauds.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby AtoB » Sun May 03, 2020 3:47 pm

LaserSaysPew wrote:Why not move the hardcapping part from damaging the animal to spawning it?

1. Gangbang that animal as much as you want - the q won't drop, anyone can take part.
2. There will be no q500 mammoths spawning at day 1.
3. There will be no naked alts running around checking q500 mammoths spots at later stages.

Pure profit for everyone. Well, except for the guys that use those naked alts of course.

Reasonable suggestion that, for a change, addresses the root causes of the problem instead of just slapping another band aid at the symptoms.
AtoB

Postby dafels » Sun May 03, 2020 6:21 pm

It still won't fix the issue, for the factions that bot animals getting the needed survival on alts won't be a big issue I think, but it will make botting the animals harder for sure.
dafels

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas