Leek Braid

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Leek Braid

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:06 am

Maybe leeks could make an alternate item when you craft an onion braid with just them. Little easter egg-y item like the hopped up cone cow.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Re: Leek Braid

Postby Fierce_Deity » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:46 am

-1, Leeks are not onions even if some recipes treat it as such. They are certainly somewhat similar to an onion in flavor, but they do not bulb and are not dried for storage. Onions braids are like twisted together dried onions, and you just don't do that with something like a leek. However if garlic was added...well then you might have something.
Fierce_Deity

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:59 am

Fierce_Deity wrote:-1, Leeks are not onions even if some recipes treat it as such. They are certainly somewhat similar to an onion in flavor, but they do not bulb and are not dried for storage. Onions braids are like twisted together dried onions, and you just don't do that with something like a leek. However if garlic was added...well then you might have something.

You can't stick branches on a large hop cone and have it jump around, either, that's just not realistic.

You can already make an onion braid out of them, I just think it would be cute to acknowledge that it's a little silly that you're braiding leeks together by making it produce a different item.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Fierce_Deity » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:00 am

Good point. They should be removed as an option for onion braids.
Fierce_Deity

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:19 am

Well, you can weave reeds and such together... why not leeks? It sounds logical, but I've never tried, so... maybe, maybe not.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby twincannon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:11 pm

The real question is how come discovering a leek doesn't give you a leekspin emote
twincannon

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:18 pm

twincannon wrote:The real question is how come discovering a leek doesn't give you a leekspin emote

It does, equip a leek in your hand slot. :^)

NORMALIZE IT
Audiosmurf

Postby twincannon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:21 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:
twincannon wrote:The real question is how come discovering a leek doesn't give you a leekspin emote

It does, equip a leek in your hand slot. :^)

MY LIFE IS FOREVER CHANGED
twincannon

Postby vatas » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:55 pm

This talk about onion braids makes me wish I had some red onions at hand IRL to eat it in a sandwich, it's quite good since red onion is milder than regular onion.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to Critique & Ideas