Allow unequipping bindles/sacks if there's enough free space

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Allow unequipping bindles/sacks if there's enough free space

Postby twincannon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:05 pm

Couldn't find this via search, and I could see this being a total pain to implement, but figured I'd throw the idea out there.

It'd be nice if you were allowed to unequip a bindle/sack if you have enough spare space, and the items would automatically rearrange.

i.e. this:
sack1.png
sack1.png (101.5 KiB) Viewed 497 times

when unequipping a traveller's sack (in this case), automatically becomes this:
sack2.png
sack2.png (81.47 KiB) Viewed 497 times

And of course if there isn't any room then you'd just get the error you currently do.
twincannon

Re: Allow unequipping bindles/sacks if there's enough free s

Postby Fierce_Deity » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:10 pm

Ohh good idea. +1 all the way, great quality of life change.
Fierce_Deity

Postby Jackwolf » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:48 pm

No. as I don't want it to auto swap my tools for my sack when I have one on, unless i make it so that it will by removing stuff from the zone it gives
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:39 am

I'm iffy on this. When mining, it's more of a hassle to equip a pick if I've had even one sack equipped, so this would be nice. On the other, I don't always want to swap to "two tools" such as when I've been building and it'd potentially unequip any inventory expander if I switch from say cutting blocks to sawing boards. At least for now I can force the sack to stay equipped if I drop an item into an expanded slot.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ardennesss » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:44 am

I'd be fine with this as long as it doesn't happen automatically. If I drop a tool onto a bag slot then sure, but not triggered by the server side belt functionality.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby twincannon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:39 pm

MagicManICT wrote:I'm iffy on this. When mining, it's more of a hassle to equip a pick if I've had even one sack equipped, so this would be nice. On the other, I don't always want to swap to "two tools" such as when I've been building and it'd potentially unequip any inventory expander if I switch from say cutting blocks to sawing boards. At least for now I can force the sack to stay equipped if I drop an item into an expanded slot.

Jackwolf wrote:No. as I don't want it to auto swap my tools for my sack when I have one on, unless i make it so that it will by removing stuff from the zone it gives

Hm that's strange, for me it always swaps right hand... i.e. have 2 sacks equipped -> chop blocks -> axe goes in right hand ... saw boards -> saw goes in right hand, replacing axe, leaving the same sack in left hand.

Might be a client related thing? (using Ardennes')
twincannon

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:14 pm

twincannon wrote:Might be a client related thing? (using Ardennes')

Yeah. My suggestion to you is to try making your tests and suggestions based on the standard client. it's the only ones the devs will listen to. If you think one of the mods adds a strong QoL feature, they sometimes add those in directly, but it sometimes takes some convincing them.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Critique & Ideas