RE: Considering removing hunger

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: RE: Considering removing hunger

Postby Avu » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:53 pm

That is correct.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:12 pm

Ardennesss wrote:
loftar wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:what are you 50 attributes? once hunger gets removed to stay REMOTELY competitive youll have to eat every 1 hour : ) no thanks.

That's not true, though.

It kinda is tho. If you're not eating as your satiations allow, you're falling behind.

Could be solved by giving satiations a buffer time though. e.g. satiations can go up to 300% or something, but would still only have a maximum of 100% effect. That way you don't have to have a bot ready to spam eat whenever you hit 100% satiation on something.
DDDsDD999

Postby Ants » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:35 am

wonder-ass wrote:just remove satiation and keep hunger, nerf questing hunger reduction, and make salt great again!

This please.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby AntiBlitz » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:36 pm

I dont think removing satiations is the correct way to go about anything, perhaps a change in the way it works, but its outright removal leads to spamming meat pies and cheese again, and i dont particularly want to go down that route again(exact same shit that happened last world, albeit with a workaround of drinking). Actually sort of enjoyed the recipe finding game again and the fact that we can eat a lot of different food groups.
AntiBlitz

Postby azrid » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:16 pm

Ants wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:just remove satiation and keep hunger, nerf questing hunger reduction, and make salt great again!

This please.

do not do this
it is a bad idea
azrid

Postby Vigilance » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:19 am

AntiBlitz wrote:I dont think removing satiations is the correct way to go about anything, perhaps a change in the way it works, but its outright removal leads to spamming meat pies and cheese again, and i dont particularly want to go down that route again(exact same shit that happened last world, albeit with a workaround of drinking). Actually sort of enjoyed the recipe finding game again and the fact that we can eat a lot of different food groups.

The recipe finding game wasn't fun because once you find the "optimal" recipes you just eat those the exact same way you ate cheese, meat pies, et cetera last world. Unless your "optimal" recipe you find has absurd satiation chance (in which case you may want to keep looking) it's almost 1:1 with last world, except now you get the tedium of guzzling unreasonable quantities of specific drinks, instead of a bit of all of them. I was still massing my "optimal" foods, and ignoring well over half of the roster of recipes.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby azrid » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:02 pm

There are just too many different foods out there competing for the same satiation you will be ignoring way more than half of the foods out there.
There is also a big difference how you eat your chosen foods from last world its by no means in exactly the same way.
The good thing about the current system is that its possible to feed a lot of characters without having to have a piebot.
azrid

Postby Ants » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:37 am

azrid wrote:The good thing about the current system is that its possible to feed a lot of characters without having to have a piebot.

The bad thing is that if you don't have many alts, it's easy to end up with towers full of shitty meat and old pies. It's sad to see it all go to waste. Last world even bad recipes had some worth..

I don't recall feeding alts being difficult last world, but then again I don't PVP.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:10 pm

change how satiations work completely instead of them effecting stuff in a negative way do the complete opposite and give it positive buffs when satiated.
eating pies satiates meat boosting them to 125% giving you a reason to eat in variety that way youll have a positive feeling while eating variety rather than being forced in to it cuz of shitty rng.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby azrid » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:34 pm

Ants wrote:The bad thing is that if you don't have many alts, it's easy to end up with towers full of shitty meat and old pies. It's sad to see it all go to waste. Last world even bad recipes had some worth..

Its not a big negative if some people can't eat trash left overs. The alternative is runaway stats.

Ants wrote:I don't recall feeding alts being difficult last world, but then again I don't PVP.

It wasn't if you had a piebot for making a decent alt. Trash alts are always easy to make. The problem is that its not available for everyone.
azrid

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas