RE: Considering removing hunger

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: RE: Considering removing hunger

Postby Ants » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:19 pm

azrid wrote:
Ants wrote:The bad thing is that if you don't have many alts, it's easy to end up with towers full of shitty meat and old pies. It's sad to see it all go to waste. Last world even bad recipes had some worth..

Its not a big negative if some people can't eat trash left overs. The alternative is runaway stats.

Ants wrote:I don't recall feeding alts being difficult last world, but then again I don't PVP.

It wasn't if you had a piebot for making a decent alt. Trash alts are always easy to make. The problem is that its not available for everyone.

Some people's stats are still much higher than others, the difference is that now you can't catch up to them even with a piebot and top tier feasting equipment.

What kind of alts were you making? You didn't need very high stats to be a decent crafter.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Granger » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:10 am

Ants wrote:Some people's stats are still much higher than others, the difference is that now you can't catch up to them even with a piebot and top tier feasting equipment.
In case the brakes are removed 'some people's stats' will soon be much higher than others, because they'll be using piebots and top tier equipment.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby azrid » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:49 pm

Ants wrote:Some people's stats are still much higher than others, the difference is that now you can't catch up to them even with a piebot and top tier feasting equipment.

The difference now is that the stat difference isn't too big as well. Your argument is very weak.
If you care about catch up support my thread. It works within the satiation system.
Ants wrote:What kind of alts were you making? You didn't need very high stats to be a decent crafter.

I wasn't making crafter alts thats for sure.
Once cooking bots become part of available custom clients I will support this runaway stat growth idea you people are pushing towards.
azrid

Postby jorb » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:10 am

I kind of agree that satiations don't do what they intended to do, so perhaps that's an argument for removing them.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Colin500 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:34 am

jorb wrote:I kind of agree that satiations don't do what they intended to do, so perhaps that's an argument for removing them.

Maybe change the hunger level so that everyone starts on 100% hunger, but can go up to 300% by playing, using salt, questing etc.
Colin500

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:37 am

jorb wrote:I kind of agree that satiations don't do what they intended to do, so perhaps that's an argument for removing them.

Instead of deleting the mechanic you could expand on it in a better way like buffing instead of debuffing when eating variety.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby jorb » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:09 am

wonder-ass wrote:buffing instead of debuffing when eating variety.

Does that make any difference outside of psychology?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby pppp » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:30 am

wonder-ass wrote:

Instead of deleting the mechanic you could expand on it in a better way like buffing instead of debuffing when eating variety.

this, but

It would be cool and larpy to have a specific starter foodgroup that itself can not be regened by any way than just time but it would buff some other foodgroups, preferably main dish types. The hunger, energy and FEP values should not be high on this group. Then make main dish foods buff cheese and cheese buff desserts.
Then we probably can have preferential schemes relating to local cuisines where starters define which main dishes are buffed and main dishes define which desserts are buffed.

I 'd love to see traders offering complete menus based on specific local cuisines.
And then people do tests and discover that <x> scheme is best and <y> scheme sucks :(
That again would require planning and documenting first and implementing later rather than the other way around.

And remove fractional hunger from satiations, looks like medicine turned worse than the illness. (wait for W12 though).
pppp

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:39 am

jorb wrote:

no but worth a test to see if it gets people to eat variety rather then force them to eat variety. anything that is less rng reliant is better imo.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:27 pm

jorb wrote:

Is there any difference outside of the math other than psychology? At least then everyone is on the same playing field rather than having to learn how to game the system. The simple: triple food FEPs, remove hunger. Hunger was always a gamed mechanic, and always will be if you provide means of removing it artificially (hunger bots previously, salt now). It's a time gate, and all it ever has been.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas