RE: Considering removing hunger

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

RE: Considering removing hunger

Postby ricky » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:56 pm

jorb wrote:
  • Considering removing hunger.

There might be feedback in the original thread, but i'd like to opine here instead:

Hunger should be modified instead of removed:
make the upper limit 200% and the lower 100%
remove all hunger-reducing mechanics that aren't time (in this case salt and quests - salt can be used as a spice instead)

At best, this modification will allow people who cant play daily or only a few hours a day some FEP bonuses.
at worst, anyone who doesn't wait for this strictly time-gated hunger bonus will still receive base (100%) FEP, which is equivalent to removing hunger entirely
This small change helps the casuals without hampering the professionals.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Re: RE: Considering removing hunger

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:14 pm

just remove satiation and keep hunger, nerf questing hunger reduction, and make salt great again!
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby pimotimo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:16 pm

im fine with satiations tbh, makes it so i dont need to spend whole day hunting. Removing hunger i wouldnt care obviously, depending on quests and salt is annoying af (and salt is nerfed a lot also) so... ye, bye hunger and maybe balance satiations?
pimotimo

Postby Mario_Demorez » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:32 pm

Satiations is tight. But being forced to make a labor alt to do any kind of physical labor is annoying. Remove hunger. Make satiations go higher passively above 100. If you don't eat sausage for 3 days its at 125% or some shit
Mario_Demorez

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:26 pm

pimotimo wrote:im fine with satiations tbh, makes it so i dont need to spend whole day hunting. Removing hunger i wouldnt care obviously, depending on quests and salt is annoying af (and salt is nerfed a lot also) so... ye, bye hunger and maybe balance satiations?

what are you 50 attributes? once hunger gets removed to stay REMOTELY competitive youll have to eat every 1 hour : ) no thanks.
wonder-ass

Postby loftar » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:13 am

wonder-ass wrote:what are you 50 attributes? once hunger gets removed to stay REMOTELY competitive youll have to eat every 1 hour : ) no thanks.

That's not true, though.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:29 am

loftar wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:what are you 50 attributes? once hunger gets removed to stay REMOTELY competitive youll have to eat every 1 hour : ) no thanks.

That's not true, though.

how is it not true? youll have to eat everytime satiation gets reset if you miss it youre wasting time and losing in the stat race.
with hunger when youre somewhat afk you dont lose anything because as time goes on you get more hungry.

(tho rn hunger is a joke with how much questing reduces it srsly)

imo how it should be > remove satiation > nerf questing hunger rewards > make salt actually worthwhile > not feeling forced to eat 24/7 and can actually plan ahead when hunger reaches desirable % to feast all my food.

how satiation would be > eat 3 pies > get satiated > cry in a corner while you wait for satiation reset in x hours > eat again > bad rng > quit the game
wonder-ass

Postby Ardennesss » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:30 am

loftar wrote:

That's not true, though.

It kinda is tho. If you're not eating as your satiations allow, you're falling behind.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:33 am

loftar wrote:

That's not true, though.

i mean without hunger limiting what you eat it seems to me like the best strategy would be eating as much food as u can in different satiation groups until they reset, including drinking ofc. but if i just eat kebabs until i hit 80% meat then i move onto fish until i hit 80% etc and wait for it all to naturally reset in 3 hours and repeat it all i imagine id have the highest stats. also satiation are dumb and they dont solve the problem of ppl just eating the same foods 24/7, now ppl just eat the best food in each satiation category.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Pills » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:38 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:
loftar wrote:

That's not true, though.

i mean without hunger limiting what you eat it seems to me like the best strategy would be eating as much food as u can in different satiation groups until they reset, including drinking ofc. but if i just eat kebabs until i hit 80% meat then i move onto fish until i hit 80% etc and wait for it all to naturally reset in 3 hours and repeat it all i imagine id have the highest stats. also satiation are dumb and they dont solve the problem of ppl just eating the same foods 24/7, now ppl just eat the best food in each satiation category.

But it does stop people eating 15 cupboards of cheese/pies/whatever because they have a high charisma stat alt.
Pills

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas