Make mystic experience event quests be viable.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Make mystic experience event quests be viable.

Postby Pills » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:11 am

SaltyCrate wrote:Anyway my point there is not to teach you how these quests are viable, but to point out that your critique is undermined by the lack of sufficient knowledge on the topic critiqued. As the sort of proof of that consider Jorb's answer.

so what you're saying is you're just a dick? A game which lacks all information because literally nothing is documented or explained and relies on its playerbase to do so and you're one of the ones who are like "no fuck you". Top guy. You can't say "you are wrong" and provide zero evidence and expect to be taken seriously.

Also for the record:

Time Gating Questing as a whole for rewards on a broken system is not the same as time gating as a difficulty.

Time Gating as a difficulty is bad.
Time Gating for bonuses *can be* good if done right.
Pills

Postby Astarisk » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:17 am

SaltyCrate wrote:It is true. Consider that you just may not be aware of ways to reduce this timer.

If you know a way to do this, then feel free to contribute that towards the thread. The experience even is one of the most frustrating quest objectives in the game. If you land on that while doing mystic it honestly is an instant abandon. Sure the objective may be fine to Jorb -- but as a developer he has an inner understanding of how the mechanic works. They implement these mechanics and then don't explain how they work to purposely leave us in the dark. So we will never know if a mechanic is broken since we don't know how its suppose to work, and the dev's will think its fine since they understand how it works. It's a messy way to approach the game and leads to issues like early hafen taming being damn near impossible until I asked loftar what was going on as he was able to tame animals himself while we couldn't. When you have the inner knowledge of how things work you see the game differently than how those who dont know what's going on and that can lead to very frustrating game play.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby SaltyCrate » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:18 am

Pills wrote:
SaltyCrate wrote:Anyway my point there is not to teach you how these quests are viable, but to point out that your critique is undermined by the lack of sufficient knowledge on the topic critiqued. As the sort of proof of that consider Jorb's answer.

so what you're saying is you're just a dick? A game which lacks all information because literally nothing is documented or explained and relies on its playerbase to do so and you're one of the ones who are like "no fuck you". Top guy. You can't say "you are wrong" and provide zero evidence and expect to be taken seriously.

I, for one, enjoy the exploration element of this game and I think it is here very much by design. Which means that overexplaining every single mechanic will, generally, deprive others from this part of the game. Also I don't expect anyhing from you. It is your "idea", and if anything I am just explaining to you why it wouldn't be acted upon by devs.
SaltyCrate

Postby Pills » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:24 am

SaltyCrate wrote:I, for one, enjoy the exploration element of this game and I think it is here very much by design. Which means that overexplaining every single mechanic will, generally, deprive others from this part of the game. Also I don't expect anyhing from you. It is your "idea", and if anything I am just explaining to you why it wouldn't be acted upon by devs.

But you simply haven't explained anything other than "no you don't understand so no not happening". Which adds literally nothing to the discussion. "Exploring the game" and "explaining super niche mechanics that i'd wager the vast majority of player base obviously doesn't understand yet you have some niche logic for how to tackle something that literally everybody else just abandons because its not worth waiting several days on" are two COMPLETELY different things.

Astarisk wrote:If you know a way to do this, then feel free to contribute that towards the thread. The experience even is one of the most frustrating quest objectives in the game.

Exactly.
Pills

Postby SaltyCrate » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:27 am

Astarisk wrote:
SaltyCrate wrote:It is true. Consider that you just may not be aware of ways to reduce this timer.

If you know a way to do this, then feel free to contribute that towards the thread. The experience even is one of the most frustrating quest objectives in the game. If you land on that while doing mystic it honestly is an instant abandon. Sure the objective may be fine to Jorb -- but as a developer he has an inner understanding of how the mechanic works. They implement these mechanics and then don't explain how they work to purposely leave us in the dark. So we will never know if a mechanic is broken since we don't know how its suppose to work, and the dev's will think its fine since they understand how it works. It's a messy way to approach the game and leads to issues like early hafen taming being damn near impossible until I asked loftar what was going on as he was able to tame animals himself while we couldn't. When you have the inner knowledge of how things work you see the game differently than how those who dont know what's going on and that can lead to very frustrating game play.

I am aware that I am free to do so, but I will not for the reasons already mentioned. Being unable to tell if the mechanic is working as inttended in a situation where you don't know what "intention" was is indeed a problem. But, I think, it is intrinsically inherent to the games with exploration element where you have to figure how stuff works on your own. It doesn't mean that these games are "messy" and there are people who enjoy this type of stuff.

Btw, I completed mystic as my 7th credo, and I completed about 90% of quests which had "experience something" as its part (10% was me being not in the mood for process required).
SaltyCrate

Postby Pills » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:30 am

SaltyCrate wrote:
Astarisk wrote:

I am aware that I am free to do so, but I will not for the reasons already mentioned. Being unable to tell if the mechanic is working as inttended in a situation where you don't know what "intention" was is indeed a problem. But, I think, it is intrinsically inherent to the games with exploration element where you have to figure how stuff works on your own. It doesn't mean that these games are "messy" and there are people who enjoy this type of stuff.

Btw, I completed mystic as my 7th credo, and I completed about 90% of quests which had "experience something" as its part (10% was me being not in the mood for process required).

The fact you're refusing to tell how you're doing this just makes me think your "knowledge of how things work" is just you abusing a bug of some kind. Would be the only real reason for you to not share it.
Pills

Postby SaltyCrate » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:33 am

Pills wrote:
SaltyCrate wrote:But you simply haven't explained anything other than "no you don't understand so no not happening". Which adds literally nothing to the discussion. "Exploring the game" and "explaining super niche mechanics that i'd wager the vast majority of player base obviously doesn't understand yet you have some niche logic for how to tackle something that literally everybody else just abandons because its not worth waiting several days on" are two COMPLETELY different things.

And I don't have to. I am not here to convince you of anything. Feel free to think that I am talking out of my ass and ignore me. After all it is not my idea which will probably receive silent treatment from the devs. Meanwhile, I will still have
my completed mystic credo and the knowledge to complete cave hermit or whatever later on.
SaltyCrate

Postby Pills » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:38 am

SaltyCrate wrote:
Pills wrote:
SaltyCrate wrote:But you simply haven't explained anything other than "no you don't understand so no not happening". Which adds literally nothing to the discussion. "Exploring the game" and "explaining super niche mechanics that i'd wager the vast majority of player base obviously doesn't understand yet you have some niche logic for how to tackle something that literally everybody else just abandons because its not worth waiting several days on" are two COMPLETELY different things.

And I don't have to. I am not here to convince you of anything. Feel free to think that I am talking out of my ass and ignore me. After all it is not my idea which will probably receive silent treatment from the devs. Meanwhile, I will still have
my completed mystic credo and the knowledge to complete cave hermit or whatever later on.

So what you're saying is you know of a bug and refuse to tell anyone because its a bug? Why are you even bothering to comment at all if you're not going to actually explain anything?
Pills

Postby SaltyCrate » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:45 am

Pills wrote:So what you're saying is you know of a bug and refuse to tell anyone because its a bug? Why are you even bothering to comment at all if you're not going to actually explain anything?

Why indeed. It is not like I already told my reasons couple of times. But I guess you will not get it still, so I won't bother anymore.
SaltyCrate

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:09 pm

Experience quests will always be an instant abandon, jorb just refuses to change them.
DDDsDD999

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas