Cravings and full course meals

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Cravings and full course meals

Postby Avu » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:26 am

So right now endgame eating is kinda fucked. Sure you unlock some better foods but the satiations and hunger fuck you anyway. You end up using only a few recipes that are best fep/satiation/hunger.

I suggest a system for full course meals combined with cravings.

What are cravings. Randomly get 3 of them. You always have 3 active. You need to complete one to get a set of 3 new ones. If you just want to reroll all 3 you can but the next one you do will halve your current bonus. More on this later. If it sounds like numen its because it is. Whats the difference? Well the cravings are for full course meals instead of random items. Each time you fulfill a craving aka you eat a full course meal you get a fep multiplier. This adds up each time you successfully manage to eat the full course (say 25% bonus then 50% then 75% etc up to 5x). Eating for a craving will NOT affect or be affected by your hunger or satiation. The closer to the top 5x the more complex cravings get unlocked with more meals and more endgame foods and drinks being part of the mix.

How would a full course meal look like. Randomly selected (or manually configured) combinations of different types of foods and drinks into one craft. You can potentially gain several stats at once for eating the meal. You sum up all the feps of all the meals and divide by your total fep bar). You multiply your craving bonus. If the result is enough for more than 1 stat you get more than 1 (the distribution can be the regular distribution).

example.

You get 3 cravings. You had a streak of 8 cravings completed before
Fishballs
Carrot soup (time to get soups btw)
Swan neck
Tuber mash
Spicy Salad
Egg cake
Wine

Broth
Meat Pie
Rabbit food
Strawberies in cream
Water

Moules Frittes
Crouton soup
Midnight blue cheese
Onioned Escargot
Grub pie
Sacrebleu
Weisbeer

You pick number 3. Gather all the foods place them on a table. Push the eat full course meal button. Game adds all the feps multiples with 2x (8 cravings streak). Too lazy to do a mock up but say you get 250 str 60 dex 40 int 25 per etc 20 agi etc... a total fep of say 430 your max stat is say 150. You receive 430/150 stat points= 3 stat points with a small chance of a fourth. Double fep foods count as double for the total (str+2 = 2x value). Note that a craving should tell

What you get with this.
-A way to avoid the retarded satiation and hunger without it being easy to spam.
-A way to make all foods useful even in late game.
-Pantries full of everything
-Foods made by noobs can still be traded for and be useful in a full meal as its just a part of the big thing and it costs you nothing to eat it.
-A lot more interaction between people (hey do you have that cheese or a grub pie or whatever rarer foods)
-A system randomized so it can't be botted and fun enough over long term. It's also not mandatory.

Opinions?
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Re: Cravings and full course meals

Postby Pills » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:53 pm

i like it.

could also be interesting to have random craving quests.

Once or twice per month could be a random quest to eat X food. Something you have eaten previously but not in a long time. and doing so gives a lowered hunger or something or maybe a satiation chance reduction for 10 minutes. something not drasticly op but nice enough to make it worth doing. and if the quest is rare stops it from being meta
Pills

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:17 pm

https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=59022&p=754674&hilit=cravings#p754674
https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=53897&p=714974&hilit=craving#p714974
Cravings have been suggested many times already. Please use the search function!

But I agree, some kind of cravings that encourage you to eat specific foods would really make the game more fun, because you would get some variation in the stuff that you eat.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Lightning2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:07 pm

shubla wrote:https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=59022&p=754674&hilit=cravings#p754674
https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=53897&p=714974&hilit=craving#p714974
Cravings have been suggested many times already. Please use the search function!

But I agree, some kind of cravings that encourage you to eat specific foods would really make the game more fun, because you would get some variation in the stuff that you eat.

they are different
Lightning2

Postby Sarge » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:09 pm

You just vaguely remembered 'cravings' in a previous thread, popped the word in the search bar and dropped the links to the 2 results you found without even reading them didn't you? And then you call on him to use the search function like you have some kind of authority.

Neither of the two are like this suggestion, the 2nd just vaguely resembles one part of this concept, but is far more simplistic.

Don't be fucking douche.

@OP:

The proposal looks great on paper but honestly, just seeing a list like that, I would pick option D "fuck that, no thanks" because it is way too much effort to get a meal together for anyone not working together in really decent village setups. While this might in theory open more trade opportunities for noobs to trade their foods I doubt very much it will be so in reality and moreover I expect that this would just further increase the gap between casual and no-lifer, village and hermit.

I get the sense that in large, if not primary part, your proposal is driver to circumvent the current arguably OP satiation system and I would much rather see that addressed instead.
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby Nikitan83 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:21 pm

i love this idea :o
W4: Bucket slave
W6: Hermit
W7: LS of Siberia, Cornucopia, SwagzillaYoloCity
W8: LS of Fire & Ice
W9: Queen of Fire & Ice
W10: Queen of Fire & Ice
W11: Queen of Yggdrasil
W12: LS of Lake Town
Nikitan83

Postby Granger » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 pm

Would make sense when you're able to also assemble only a part of a meal, certainly only receiving only a part of the bonus.

With that it could be fun for everyone, only getting the bonus for a full meal would make it exclusive to factions.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Return to Critique & Ideas