Kombucha, fermented tea

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Kombucha, fermented tea

Postby sneq » Thu May 02, 2019 1:12 pm

Pls add Kombucha!
Kombucha is a fermented, slightly alcoholic, lightly effervescent, sweetened black or green tea drink commonly intended as a functional beverage for its supposed health benefits.

I think it will be an excellent drink to remove the presence of a huge amount barrels of tea and if it will heal a concussion, because slightly alcoholic (another way to reduce hard-to-reach medicines such as snow and opium).
Boiled tea as main and any sweetener (or trees sweetener for harder obtaining), fermentation as wine and further into vinegar.

World 10: Hermit - Trollhand Castle
World 11: Lawspeaker - Falcon Bay
sneq

Re: Kombucha, fermented tea

Postby Bozdogan123 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:18 pm

+1
Bozdogan123

Postby Fierce_Deity » Thu May 02, 2019 2:27 pm

I think its generous to call kombucha slightly alcoholic. That implies you could get drunk off it, and I think you'd burst before that happened. My parents make this, and I can't say I like it or like the idea of it being in the game...but being a drink we ferment it fits pretty well. I don't think it should heal any wounds however. Kombucha is a health nuts dream of a probiotic drink, so if anything this should reduce satiations, or have a unique effect of boosting another drinks effects. Maybe we could get a curio from the scoby rarely.
Fierce_Deity

Postby JeanTheDigger » Thu May 02, 2019 8:47 pm

+1
JeanTheDigger

Postby tonybarton » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:26 am

Not a bad idea.
tonybarton

Postby Agrik » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:10 pm

Wikipedia says "The drink is reported to have been consumed in east Russia at least as early as 1900 and from there entered Europe." Is there any source stating dates at least acceptable for H&H setting?

As we don't have even https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamaener ... ustifolium yet, which is somewhat better fitting kind of tea for that age and region.
Agrik

Postby Cairon » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:11 pm

@Jorb @Loftar this please =)
Cairon

Return to Critique & Ideas