Accidentally buying rage

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Accidentally buying rage

Postby Lyrroth » Thu May 23, 2019 2:09 pm

rip. better be extra careful now. be a bit slower next time until seatribe thinks of something.
Lyrroth

Postby Granger » Thu May 23, 2019 2:55 pm

Mario_Demorez wrote: legacy had more players daily than any world in new haven.

Stop making shit up.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 23, 2019 3:22 pm

Granger wrote:
Mario_Demorez wrote: legacy had more players daily than any world in new haven.

Stop making shit up.

Not making it up. Early worlds had more players I thought daily. I remember legacy worlds having higher than 400 players on daily.
Mario_Demorez

Postby MagicManICT » Thu May 23, 2019 5:49 pm

Mario_Demorez wrote:legacy had more players daily than any world in new haven. Make haven great again and re add perma death!

But did it? I seem to recall fewer players at peak times during world 7. I couldn't speak towards the current age of the world right now, but if memory serves at the two year mark for w10 and w7, they were about comparable.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 23, 2019 5:55 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Mario_Demorez wrote:legacy had more players daily than any world in new haven. Make haven great again and re add perma death!

But did it? I seem to recall fewer players at peak times during world 7. I couldn't speak towards the current age of the world right now, but if memory serves at the two year mark for w10 and w7, they were about comparable.

I stopped playing half way through World 7 so I can not speak for that world. It could be nostalgia scewing my memory but I do recall higher numbers than 400 in world 4 and 5.
Mario_Demorez

Postby MagicManICT » Thu May 23, 2019 6:03 pm

World 4 was about 7 weeks long. World 5 was about 7 months, but probably should have ended at 3 due to a catastrophic data failure. Sure, you remember higher numbers. They were both dead by this point. World 6 numbers were abysmal due to the horrendous lag. There were half the players there are now.

Take off the rose-tinted goggles.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 23, 2019 6:14 pm

Mario_Demorez

Postby Ants » Thu May 23, 2019 9:28 pm

The solution is simple. Add a dialog window when someone tries to purchase rage that says "Warning: purchasing this skill will make you more likely to die. Are you sure you wish to proceed?" and you'd have to click yes to keep going.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 23, 2019 9:31 pm

Ants wrote:The solution is simple. Add a dialog window when someone tries to purchase rage that says "Warning: purchasing this skill will make you more likely to die. Are you sure you wish to proceed?" and you'd have to click yes to keep going.

Probably should just say what it actually does so not as many people get butt hurt when they die without rage.
Mario_Demorez

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas