Criminals have it 2good

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Criminals have it 2good

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 23, 2019 2:52 am

Please put all criminal acts other than trespassing across claimed land locked behind rage. Hearthlings shouldn’t be allowed to commit crimes without some actually danger. Having outlaw for stealing is not dangerous unless caught outside the walls WHILE outlawed. To commit crimes in the game you should be able to be punished for them. Make haven great again!
Mario_Demorez

Re: Criminals have it 2good

Postby Fierce_Deity » Thu May 23, 2019 4:32 am

You are really on a roll aren't you?

Theft is a pretty minor crime, and it makes sense to me that it comes before rage. Think about how crime escalation works in reality. Most criminals don't start out by bashing in the skull of their neighbors, they start by swiping their rowboats and wheelbarrows carelessly left outside the walls! The only concession I'll make is that while redhanded is active, being killed as if you have rage would be fine.
Fierce_Deity

Postby Headchef » Thu May 23, 2019 11:35 am

It doesn't really matter since you can make a black alt in like 1-2 days and it will have all those skills and be of 0 value so doesn't even matter if ''justice'' catches up and you lose next to nothing.
Headchef

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 23, 2019 1:05 pm

Headchef wrote:It doesn't really matter since you can make a black alt in like 1-2 days and it will have all those skills and be of 0 value so doesn't even matter if ''justice'' catches up and you lose next to nothing.

Dude, I am like far right christian with abortion, I want haven to have perma death for everyone again and I will try to get there step by step!

I just find it weird that you can choose to steal from other players and after an hour you are safe from any real punishment. Outlaw goes away after an hour so a player that stole can teleport to hearthfire after that buff ends. They should be able to be killed for their theft as long as the scent last
Mario_Demorez

Postby Granger » Thu May 23, 2019 4:02 pm

Mario_Demorez wrote:
Headchef wrote:It doesn't really matter since you can make a black alt in like 1-2 days and it will have all those skills and be of 0 value so doesn't even matter if ''justice'' catches up and you lose next to nothing.

Dude, I am like far right christian with abortion, I want haven to have perma death for everyone again and I will try to get there step by step!

That explains quite a lot.
I just find it weird that you can choose to steal from other players and after an hour you are safe from any real punishment. Outlaw goes away after an hour so a player that stole can teleport to hearthfire after that buff ends. They should be able to be killed for their theft as long as the scent last

You can kill them even after the red handed debuff has ended, like with all criminal acts.

Stop making up 'facts' to push an agenda that isn't based on reality.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 23, 2019 4:04 pm

Granger wrote:
Mario_Demorez wrote:

That explains quite a lot.

You can kill them even after the red handed debuff has ended, like with all criminal acts.

Stop making up 'facts' to push an agenda that isn't based on reality.

You can hearth still after being ko'd, just not log out. Combat ends if you do not have rage even if red handed or outlawed.

Edit: When being ko'd while red-handed it imediately converts the buff to out-law. So not only can you not die while out-lawed if you do not have rage but you can not die while red-handed either without rage!
Mario_Demorez

Postby Granger » Thu May 23, 2019 8:07 pm

Go to their hearth fire and kill them, like you would do with any other criminal.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 23, 2019 8:51 pm

Granger wrote:Go to their hearth fire and kill them, like you would do with any other criminal.

lol.

So if I find them while they are out foraging with tracking I should still have to siege them for 18 hours. So why can I track perp? let's just make scents only track to hearth fire. The only way we should be able to kill someone is if we get to their magic fire! Brilliant.
Mario_Demorez

Postby Ants » Thu May 23, 2019 9:00 pm

Granger wrote:Go to their hearth fire and kill them, like you would do with any other criminal.

I think the biggest issue is that with the way palisades currently work, you can't do that. Not if the criminal is active enough to spot a wrecking ball and particularly not if he has several palisades.

Also this. It's extremely easy to spam crime alts that are born to die. A good criminal wouldn't care if one of his shitty thief alts died.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby viznew » Fri May 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Id like to see crimes escalate in an over all sense like a criminal record for each kingdom, steal once or twice w\e steal all the time you gonna have harder time like outlaw extended if crime commited in kingdom you have extensive record in and other things that make crime get harder
ImageImage
viznew

Return to Critique & Ideas