Nerf Banner's Soak

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Nerf Banner's Soak

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 23, 2019 6:10 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Mario_Demorez wrote:Im not saying lower them for everyone like raiders and even normal villagers. I am saying that the lawspeaker and anyone with land management permissions should not have the requirement.

That goes to the same issue as with walls and other buildings.... obviously it can't be done within the current architecture of the game, or there are certain "exploitative mechanics" that the devs wish to avoid by doing such things. Have a problem with a troll/spy player building too much? Imagine how much worse it would be if same type of player can easily destroy.

But its already been stated that the str required is easily acquired so you dont really stop people from trolling. Someone with Oath privileges can just invite a player to the village, player leaves, repeat until auth is 0. Then they can destroy the idol with LESS strength than a banner. A wooden post with some cloth that takes nothing to build is harder to break than the heart of the village.

I get the idea behind the strength requirement, it just doesn't work. The thing that keeps people from destroying your banners over night are the permissions.
Mario_Demorez

Re: Nerf Banner's Soak

Postby discospaceman » Thu May 23, 2019 7:05 pm

Mario_Demorez wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:
Mario_Demorez wrote:Im not saying lower them for everyone like raiders and even normal villagers. I am saying that the lawspeaker and anyone with land management permissions should not have the requirement.

That goes to the same issue as with walls and other buildings.... obviously it can't be done within the current architecture of the game, or there are certain "exploitative mechanics" that the devs wish to avoid by doing such things. Have a problem with a troll/spy player building too much? Imagine how much worse it would be if same type of player can easily destroy.

But its already been stated that the str required is easily acquired so you dont really stop people from trolling. Someone with Oath privileges can just invite a player to the village, player leaves, repeat until auth is 0. Then they can destroy the idol with LESS strength than a banner. A wooden post with some cloth that takes nothing to build is harder to break than the heart of the village.

I get the idea behind the strength requirement, it just doesn't work. The thing that keeps people from destroying your banners over night are the permissions.

then you answered your own concerns, use permissions judiciously and you wont have issues
discospaceman

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas