Bee sting healed by yarrow

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Bee sting healed by yarrow

Postby Mario_Demorez » Fri May 24, 2019 11:25 am

Sadly the current game mechanics encourage Alts for hives
Mario_Demorez

Postby dageir » Sat May 25, 2019 4:50 am

DoctorCookie wrote:I apologize for my overreaction, was actually having a suddenly bad day.

I dont fear a death from the wounds, its just that the accumulation seems a bit extreme just from my conservative wax farm. Like I said 26 points, hope I am saying that right, worth of beestings for 7 wax collected and 5 wounds. It doesnt lock my character down but if I grow my wax farm and am collecting daily, which I can now really with kingdom bonuses and faster plant cycles, It feels like I would need alts unless I want to use the wax I collect on the wounds. Yarrow seemed like a good suggestion since its not a gimme, or even easy to accumulate unless you take the trouble to grow it.

Yarrow is very available if you live near grasslands. The beesting mechanic seems to have been made as a reminder of not getting too greedy and make more hives than you really need.
The HP loss has not been noticeable for me, not because I have 500 con, but because I have been modest about the number of hives.
dageir

Postby DoctorCookie » Sat May 25, 2019 10:01 am

5 seperate wounds to collect 7 wax. Is that not modest? Does the curio have any value? If the beestings are harmless why have them? Is wax so common that the beesting deterent is needed?

Can i get a reason why wax healing bee stings is needed.
DoctorCookie

Postby MooCow » Sat May 25, 2019 9:09 pm

DoctorCookie wrote:Can i get a reason why wax healing bee stings is needed.

Wax is needed in the cure to allow people to sacrifice wax for honey, and also help the occasionally bad luck harvesting. Bee stings don't combine into one would which makes them technically heal faster the more you have. Each wound heals separately. Kelp helped is ment to be used to treat the worst couple wounds while letting the others heal naturally.

In the past people would have thousands of bee hives, even stuffing them in caves just for the passive growth. The devs created this wound to punish that behavior.

I make no claim of agreeing or disagreeing with their reasoning.
MooCow

Postby Granger » Sat May 25, 2019 10:38 pm

The bug that always applies beesting twice should be fixed though.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby MagicManICT » Sun May 26, 2019 1:35 am

Granger wrote:The bug that always applies beesting twice should be fixed though.

It's not always, but it certainly seems to always be the first one you get. At least, I always get 2x Beesting for 3.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Aceb » Sun May 26, 2019 2:09 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Granger wrote:The bug that always applies beesting twice should be fixed though.

It's not always, but it certainly seems to always be the first one you get. At least, I always get 2x Beesting for 3.

As far as my observations went with a dead alt, it is always applied twice in a form of: 1 fresh beesting, 1 spread beesting among existing wounds. Still doubled, because of that.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas