Bee sting healed by yarrow

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Bee sting healed by yarrow

Postby DoctorCookie » Thu May 23, 2019 8:15 pm

Topic says it all. I dont really play with alts and harvesting wax is a job that puts a damper on my activities for several rl days. I harvested 7 wax and received 5 individual stings, with the number at 28. One sting had a 16 by it. So in order to even treat the stings I would have to give up a minimum of 5 of the harvested wax, likely more. I would be ok with the stings if it was treatable by other means.
DoctorCookie

Re: Bee sting healed by yarrow

Postby discospaceman » Thu May 23, 2019 8:19 pm

DoctorCookie wrote:Topic says it all. I dont really play with alts and harvesting wax is a job that puts a damper on my activities for several rl days. I harvested 7 wax and received 5 individual stings, with the number at 28. One sting had a 16 by it. So in order to even treat the stings I would have to give up a minimum of 5 of the harvested wax, likely more. I would be ok with the stings if it was treatable by other means.

+1 as long as yarrow heals slower/less effectively than kelp creamed. Makes sense to me, if you wanna heal faster, you got to give up some wax
discospaceman

Postby DoctorCookie » Thu May 23, 2019 8:27 pm

Alternate suggestion would be to introduce craftable gear set (mask, gloves, robe) that would be used to safely harvest from domestic hives.
DoctorCookie

Postby dageir » Thu May 23, 2019 9:09 pm

It heals over time? How on Earth does a few less HP matter at this stage of the world?
dageir

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 23, 2019 9:10 pm

dageir wrote:It heals over time? How on Earth does a few less HP matter at this stage of the world?

Do people not understand that new players exist? Or even world resets? You do not spawn with 500 stats.

+1, silly to make the product of process the cost to repair problems caused by the process.
Mario_Demorez

Postby DoctorCookie » Thu May 23, 2019 9:35 pm

dageir wrote:It heals over time? How on Earth does a few less HP matter at this stage of the world?

Overly sensitive reaction.
Last edited by DoctorCookie on Fri May 24, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoctorCookie

Postby Granger » Thu May 23, 2019 10:21 pm

DoctorCookie wrote:Yes, I should have known about the kebab bug at world start, I should "git gud" and maybe join a super team, I should learn to code bots, i should have an alt for every day of the week to harvest wax and one for every profession. Any stat under 200 Im a noob, any under 100 kill myself. Does that cover it?

I think this basically covers the problem we have when discussing mechanics, there seem to be two distinct groups which both are completely detached from reality - when viewing their comments from the perspective of the other group.

Maybe we should really have two servers, one full permadeath from a single beesting and the other farmville (both extremes slightly exaggerated, but not by much).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby MooCow » Fri May 24, 2019 7:27 am

Granger wrote:I think this basically covers the problem we have when discussing mechanics, there seem to be two distinct groups which both are completely detached from reality - when viewing their comments from the perspective of the other group.

Maybe we should really have two servers, one full permadeath from a single beesting and the other farmville (both extremes slightly exaggerated, but not by much).

This is why a lot of people will simply not comment. I have never had a problem with bees, and I never will. I am pretty sure that wounds heal based on the treatment so yarr would heal bee stings in a few seconds, so it would probably be extremely effective. I have no real context on the problem so I don't know that is or isn't ideal.

Sometimes I wish there was a server just for the jerks, I don't care about pro/casual differences.
MooCow

Postby MagicManICT » Fri May 24, 2019 8:25 am

I don't have an issue with beestings, but then we have a village and everyone takes turns harvesting the wax and honey. Neither seems to be softcapped by skills. Get too many wounds? Stop and let someone else finish.

Definitely needs a better solution. Probably add in skill capping to offset removing the danger. I have no issues with Yarrow being the solution as it usually only heals a few points at q10, and would take a lot to heal a lot of bee stings.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby DoctorCookie » Fri May 24, 2019 8:42 am

I apologize for my overreaction, was actually having a suddenly bad day.

I dont fear a death from the wounds, its just that the accumulation seems a bit extreme just from my conservative wax farm. Like I said 26 points, hope I am saying that right, worth of beestings for 7 wax collected and 5 wounds. It doesnt lock my character down but if I grow my wax farm and am collecting daily, which I can now really with kingdom bonuses and faster plant cycles, It feels like I would need alts unless I want to use the wax I collect on the wounds. Yarrow seemed like a good suggestion since its not a gimme, or even easy to accumulate unless you take the trouble to grow it.
DoctorCookie

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas