Randomize Whirlpools

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Randomize Whirlpools

Postby Kaios » Sat May 25, 2019 11:53 am

azrid wrote:A market was built in a remote location.
Either the builders knew it was a remote location or if they didn't it shouldn't be jorb and loftars job to clean up the mess.
The burden of travel was put on the customer for some reason. Was it the comfort of building on their home island?

Yep sure dude and everyone should have built their base near an icicle too if they didn’t too bad for them we shouldn’t change localized resources either just because someone complained about being unable to get any. All these sprucecaps need to learn to siege we should go back to being able to personal claim them as well.

In fact, do we really even need fast travel either? Get rid of whirlpools, get rid of charter stones, get rid of roads. Time to walk and sail everywhere.
Kaios

Postby azrid » Sat May 25, 2019 12:08 pm

You are comparing limited localized resources to portals anyone can use at any time again.
Go travel the world there's a lot of free space around vortexes to build on. I'm surprised there aren't more bases around them
Kaios wrote:Get rid of whirlpools, get rid of charter stones, get rid of roads.

"I lost the argument burn it all down"
azrid

Postby Kaios » Sat May 25, 2019 12:12 pm

Nah I’m being serious, you can make the exact same argument as to why localized resources should remain untouched. I got there first, I claimed the land, and I built the walls so why the fuck should some dude get it spawned in front of his base across the map and be rewarded for his lack of planning? That is the exact same argument you are making for whirlpools and expect me to agree with. I don’t think so fucko.

Same for charter stones or any form of fast travel, we don’t really need it everyone should have to build their markets on a central part of the map instead.
Kaios

Postby azrid » Sat May 25, 2019 2:26 pm

No you can't. Again for the 3rd time now I think: whirlpools cant be privatized like localized resources.
You are suggesting something that will make every ones life equally shit in every location.
Right now we have areas that are good to build at if you like traffic around your base and remote areas for people who want to avoid player interaction.
I support having more diverse locations for the player to choose from.
azrid

Postby Kaios » Sat May 25, 2019 5:43 pm

A whirlpool does not constitute diverse. You’re a greedy player that wants to hoard one of the only free forms of fast travel in specific parts of the map while other players constantly complain about their unwillingness to travel across the map for almost any reason. This has nothing to do with the capability to “own” a resource so I don’t see why you keep bringing that up. I can and will make that argument against changing localized resources because a whirlpool is just as much a resource as any of the other mechanics that players want changed because they are unable to utilize or obtain it. And I will indeed make that argument again if you think such a change should apply to something so insignificant as a salt node and not a powerful form of fast travel.
Kaios

Postby wonder-ass » Sat May 25, 2019 5:48 pm

maybe dont settle in such shitty parts of the map.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Kaios » Sat May 25, 2019 5:54 pm

wonder-ass wrote:maybe dont settle in such shitty parts of the map.

Yes, thanks for the grand insight. I'll remember that when it comes to any other suggestions to alter map diversity.

DDDsDD999 wrote:Those are my main things. It just seems like we'll get w8 again where no one wants to go anywhere because everywhere is so far away, and going all that way just to be on someone's home turf is terrible.
Kaios

Postby azrid » Sat May 25, 2019 10:19 pm

Kaios wrote:A whirlpool does not constitute diverse. You’re a greedy player that wants to hoard one of the only free forms of fast travel in specific parts of the map while other players constantly complain about their unwillingness to travel across the map for almost any reason. This has nothing to do with the capability to “own” a resource so I don’t see why you keep bringing that up. I can and will make that argument against changing localized resources because a whirlpool is just as much a resource as any of the other mechanics that players want changed because they are unable to utilize or obtain it. And I will indeed make that argument again if you think such a change should apply to something so insignificant as a salt node and not a powerful form of fast travel.

Whirlpools give different values to areas on the map so yea it does make some places more diverse and unique. The northwest island continent is a very unique place and should be accepted as such.
I am not hoarding anything as the portals are free for everyone to use without limit. Anyone can live beside them if they want.
The problem here isn't that vortexes don't come to you the problem is that you don't go to a vortex.
Willingly putting yourself in a less privileged position makes you stupid. Don't hate the game hate the player.
azrid

Postby Ants » Sun May 26, 2019 3:46 am

Kaios wrote:A whirlpool does not constitute diverse. You’re a greedy player that wants to hoard one of the only free forms of fast travel in specific parts of the map while other players constantly complain about their unwillingness to travel across the map for almost any reason. This has nothing to do with the capability to “own” a resource so I don’t see why you keep bringing that up. I can and will make that argument against changing localized resources because a whirlpool is just as much a resource as any of the other mechanics that players want changed because they are unable to utilize or obtain it. And I will indeed make that argument again if you think such a change should apply to something so insignificant as a salt node and not a powerful form of fast travel.

How about you move closer to a vortex if you want one so bad? They're not palisaded or botted like icicles.

Just help Danko connect the market to AD's Ocean Store. People will go to OS to shop but they might stop by North Star to larp.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas