cap combat stats

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: cap combat stats

Postby Uriel » Sat May 25, 2019 6:18 am

dageir wrote:
DoctorCookie wrote:Im not an expert as others here but I would be for combat stat cap but not a cap on gear bonuses. I think industry should be seperated a bit. I dont begrudge, totally, a well oiled machine reaping some benefits from crafting. And the semi casual could use his/her real world (relative)wealth to buy gear in the instances they want to compete in pvp.

Sounds reasonable. There is and should be some diminishing returns on gear aswell.

This +1
And Kaios +1
Uriel

Postby MooCow » Sat May 25, 2019 6:21 am

dageir wrote:Sounds reasonable. There is and should be some diminishing returns on gear aswell.

Gear has diminishing returns currently, your bonus is based on the square root of it q/10.

Were you thinking of something like this?
    After exceeding your normal ability cap, bonus is applied at half rate.
    e.g. cap is set at 500. Items give a total bonus of 2000. Players final score is 1750
MooCow

Postby dageir » Sat May 25, 2019 6:31 am

As a side note I think the role of the characters themselves should be reduced making it easier to sacrifice them in combat. This will make for more dynamic game play.
Also, and this goes straight against my own interests, it should be easier to break into other peoples bases.
dageir

Postby Granger » Sat May 25, 2019 7:44 am

dageir wrote:As a side note I think the role of the characters themselves should be reduced making it easier to sacrifice them in combat. This will make for more dynamic game play.
While operating with combat alts, yes.
Also, and this goes straight against my own interests, it should be easier to break into other peoples bases.

Only in case it's more difficult/limited to loot/destroy what's on the inside
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby dageir » Sat May 25, 2019 7:53 am

Granger wrote:
dageir wrote:As a side note I think the role of the characters themselves should be reduced making it easier to sacrifice them in combat. This will make for more dynamic game play.

Only in case it's more difficult/limited to loot/destroy what's on the inside

Why? If it easier to advance your character/alt you will not depend as much on the stuff in your base. Did you get wiped? Start over and get back at your enemy! It would be less of a hassle rebuilding in this scenario and more action.
dageir

Postby MooCow » Sun May 26, 2019 12:41 am

Granger wrote:

I think alts are an important part of this game. The moment the game switched from work based lp to curio based lp, alts became the normal way to play. As long as perma-death is part of the game alts are here to stay.

If it makes you feel better, sending somebody to die in your stead is a common practice among humans. Especially in times of kings and nobles.
MooCow

Postby MrPunchers » Tue May 28, 2019 3:01 pm

If you cap combat stats fights become a numbers game, not like it already isn't
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby Creweer » Fri May 31, 2019 5:22 pm

Would capping stats not just force you to make more characters. Or make it so that you have nothing to do, if you focus on beeing a fighter when there are no fights. Also life is not suposed to be fair for Sprucecaps.
Creweer

Postby Aceb » Fri May 31, 2019 5:52 pm

Well I don't see a reason for cap as long as several people can manage to bring titan down, without titan just doing 24/7 FC and winning.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas