cap combat stats

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

cap combat stats

Postby Ants » Sat May 25, 2019 12:12 am

Is there a reason combat stats shouldn't be capped? I feel like it would make PVP more fun and accessible to players who joined late in the world.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Re: cap combat stats

Postby Ardennesss » Sat May 25, 2019 12:14 am

sure, cap ua/mc at 2000
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby MooCow » Sat May 25, 2019 1:21 am

I think combat stats should be capped, but the bonus you can get from equipment should be removed when you hit the cap.
Gear the exceeds a number of gilds should be named, and become indestructible.

This prevents automatic wins site to more people, but still greatly slows down combat progress past the cap.
MooCow

Postby wonder-ass » Sat May 25, 2019 1:23 am

Ardennesss wrote:sure, cap ua/mc at 2000

cap in pvp should be 500 stats feel free to grind your heart out its irrelevant in combat tho. this way game can actually be balanced pve and pvp.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MrBunzy » Sat May 25, 2019 1:28 am

I'd actually like it if combat stats could be capped by gear somehow. It would still technically be an infinite grind, but you would eventually hit the cap and be able to relax/focus on other things like industry.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby Kaios » Sat May 25, 2019 1:54 am

MrBunzy wrote:I'd actually like it if combat stats could be capped by gear somehow. It would still technically be an infinite grind, but you would eventually hit the cap and be able to relax/focus on other things like industry.

I've been thinking about an alternative to that lately, what if stat growth was affected globally in relation to the highest stat player(s) kind of similar to how questing was changed? Something like the wider the gap between a minority of players versus the majority increases the rate at which those players on the lower end of that spectrum gain LP and FEP, returning to the normal rate the closer you get to the top and as more players begin to average the difference.

Would also work as a catch-up mechanic I suppose.
Kaios

Postby MrBunzy » Sat May 25, 2019 2:17 am

Kaios wrote:I've been thinking about an alternative to that lately, what if stat growth was affected globally in relation to the highest stat player(s) kind of similar to how questing was changed? Something like the wider the gap between a minority of players versus the majority increases the rate at which those players on the lower end of that spectrum gain LP and FEP, returning to the normal rate the closer you get to the top and as more players begin to average the difference.

Would also work as a catch-up mechanic I suppose.

I'm not really a fan of the whole global-catch-up idea. Why should my gameplay be influenced by someone else on the other end of the world who I will never interact with? We already have stuff like diminishing returns for higher relative stats in pvp, and the ever increasing costs of raising those stats. This in theory should stop anyone from getting too far ahead of the average player. If anything, these two factors could just be made more severe in lieu of a cap, so that grinding insane stats gave less of an advantage, or so that it stops being cost effective to raise stats after a certain point.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby Kaios » Sat May 25, 2019 2:56 am

That's fair, was just a thought. Math is really not my strong suit so I am not certain how effective that type of mechanic would be at maintaining such a balance between high, mid, low tier players in any case. I don't think it's unreasonable to have some sort of cap that is based around the world's rate of progression though.
Kaios

Postby DoctorCookie » Sat May 25, 2019 3:12 am

Im not an expert as others here but I would be for combat stat cap but not a cap on gear bonuses. I think industry should be seperated a bit. I dont begrudge, totally, a well oiled machine reaping some benefits from crafting. And the semi casual could use his/her real world (relative)wealth to buy gear in the instances they want to compete in pvp.
DoctorCookie

Postby dageir » Sat May 25, 2019 6:07 am

DoctorCookie wrote:Im not an expert as others here but I would be for combat stat cap but not a cap on gear bonuses. I think industry should be seperated a bit. I dont begrudge, totally, a well oiled machine reaping some benefits from crafting. And the semi casual could use his/her real world (relative)wealth to buy gear in the instances they want to compete in pvp.

Sounds reasonable. There is and should be some diminishing returns on gear aswell.
dageir

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas