Satiation Stat Catchup

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Satiation Stat Catchup

Postby azrid » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 pm

Make satiation chance % scale down up to a point.
The further behind you are of the top 10% highest avg stat the less likely a food is to satiate you.
Similar to how questing got changed.
Nothing changes for the 10% while everyone below benefits.
This makes it easier to come back from death and come back into the game after a break.
azrid

Re: Satiation Stat Catchup

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:05 pm

azrid wrote:Make satiation chance % scale down up to a point.
The further behind you are of the top 10% highest avg stat the less likely a food is to satiate you.
Similar to how questing got changed.
Nothing changes for the 10% while everyone below benefits.
This makes it easier to come back from death and come back into the game after a break.

If people didn't have to take a break on eating for a day between massive feasts that satiate every category to the point of being useless then wouldn't they just hit a hunger % wall very quickly anyways? I don't see any point in this. Eating is about strategy and luck, even with lower satiation %s for a certain group of people who are behind, you could still be unlucky and roll the FEP you didn't want AND get a satiation hit on every bite?
Zentetsuken

Postby azrid » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:16 pm

Yeah luck will still play a role but the idea is to give lower chance to trigger a satiate hit for the ones behind.
You might get unlucky but you still increase overall stat gains with diligent eating when you are behind.
azrid

Postby Headchef » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:39 pm

Yes will be nice to make a few alts who are exactly 10% behind to come back easily when dead 10/10 idea
Headchef

Postby azrid » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:54 pm

With the current food system you would be wise to already make alts to replace your characters prone to death. I know I have.
The amount of food they consume is low so its not hard to produce the extra amount. Key combat moves can be gained with parchment.
azrid

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:46 am

Headchef wrote:Yes will be nice to make a few alts who are exactly 10% behind to come back easily when dead 10/10 idea

i dont see a problem in this incredible amount of work would be needed to achieve this if you have enough autism willing to make multiple characters in an already shitty stat system.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Return to Critique & Ideas