Remove frying pan discovery requirement

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Remove frying pan discovery requirement

Postby juniormayrinck » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:44 pm

just have someone teach you the frying pan
juniormayrinck

Postby MadNomad » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:46 pm

juniormayrinck wrote:just have someone teach you the frying pan

shubla wrote:Of course old people like you dont see it as a problematic mechanic, even though it is one.
MadNomad

Postby shubla » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:50 pm

Problem is that some people may not know they need to discover frying pan. So they will never know about existence of frying pan recipes.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Lyrroth » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:42 pm

shubla wrote:

Problem is that some people may not know they need to discover frying pan. So they will never know about existence of frying pan recipes.

so everything in order. you dont wanna blame the game for not being able to make anvil without discovering metal first right
Lyrroth

Postby pppp » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:26 am

Requirement to discover a pan sucks. It is unnecessary complication which does not add to fun but does add to tedium.
pppp

Postby vatas » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:17 pm

I'm going to suggest my "examine" idea again. It could also apply to Primitive Casting Rod which you need to discover before you can craft lures.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Aceb » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:14 pm

For sheer consistency, it should be left as it is.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=63107
Credos now present their LP cost as you start them. Kind of discussed here.

Those are more legit reasons why it should stay as it is now and You can think of. Please, let's end this dispute here and just improve ourselfs.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby jorb » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:52 am

Idk. I kind of think that it makes sense that you don't unlock a bunch of meat recipes that you can't do. The pan is effectively a reusable ingredient.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:05 pm

jorb wrote:Idk. I kind of think that it makes sense that you don't unlock a bunch of meat recipes that you can't do. The pan is effectively a reusable ingredient.

Any way to "add" this to the ingredients list so that we know that you need object 'X' to craft it? Us vets know these things (for the most part... might forget something over time or something added), but new players get lost. Maybe a "tools" group next to the "ingredients" list?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby pppp » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:15 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
jorb wrote:Idk. I kind of think that it makes sense that you don't unlock a bunch of meat recipes that you can't do. The pan is effectively a reusable ingredient.

Any way to "add" this to the ingredients list so that we know that you need object 'X' to craft it? Us vets know these things (for the most part... might forget something over time or something added), but new players get lost. Maybe a "tools" group next to the "ingredients" list?

+1 to telling people they need a specific tool. But isn't there some inconsistency when game tells and enforces knowledge of a certain tool but does not tell or enforce when some structure is needed, e.g. cauldron, fire, loom ?
pppp

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas