Milestones shouldnt decay

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Milestones shouldnt decay

Postby Bozdogan123 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:24 pm

Title. It adds tedious maintenance
Bozdogan123

Re: Milestones shouldnt decay

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:59 pm

Nothing, or at least nothing easily produced, should be immune to decay.

Big -1
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Lyrroth » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:42 pm

you have no idea whats tedious if this is tedious for you
Lyrroth

Postby MrBunzy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:35 am

I don't believe milestones do decay, as long as there is an active claim on the roads endpoint. The bigger problem is the unclaimed paved tiles beneath milestones decaying with vines. This limits the use of roads to completely claimed areas or underground tunnels. I'd really like it if mine supports did not decay however, because at the moment you need to plant a shitton of a tower caps to make underground road/tunnels, and that truly is tedious.
Last edited by MrBunzy on Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:23 am

milestone decayed to 75% in less than 3 hours when built hMMMMMM
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Granger » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:16 am

I argued quite often that actually using a road should removs the vines growing on it (thus protecting the pavement, as the road users passing by stomp them into oblivion). A similar argument could be made that milestones could benefit for the road being in active use too.

But they absolutely need to decay, derelict structures need to be culled with time or the world will look like an active landfill quite quickly.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:06 am

MrBunzy wrote:I don't believe milestones do decay, as long as there is an active claim on the roads endpoint.

This is correct. Only one end needs to be claimed.

MrBunzy wrote:I'd really like it if mine supports did not decay however, because at the moment you need to plant a shitton of a tower caps to make underground road/tunnels, and that truly is tedious.

I've not built a very big mine network. Is this actually a problem, or is it more that people aren't repairing supports when they damage them? I know over time it becomes an issue, but at 1/10 the normal decay rate, I've not even seen one of my supports take damage (and I haven't seen my mushroom farm regrow once....)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Bozdogan123 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:33 am

MagicManICT wrote:
MrBunzy wrote:I don't believe milestones do decay, as long as there is an active claim on the roads endpoint.

This is correct. Only one end needs to be claimed.

oooooh i didnt know that, ok then disregard the thread
Bozdogan123

Postby jorb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:39 pm

I agree that milestone decay is potentially annoying, but in principle everything should decay. Not sure if decay could be prevented on active roads in some better way. Also, don't they only decay from endpoints now?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Agrik » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:36 am

Stone constructions may decay very slowly in comparison to other types. Probably, decay very rarely, but still in significant hits.
Agrik

Return to Critique & Ideas