dross smelt rate should be increased

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

dross smelt rate should be increased

Postby leonideus » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:50 am

think about it, logically smelted metal should have a high resmelt rate, like 80 percent or something, instead i routinely get a smelter full of slag. maybe lower the ql to kinda counterbalance if you want but please stop making dross essentially trash or gild material only. at this rate its not much better than freaking heavy earth. you know, the stone with mere traces of metal.
leonideus

Re: dross smelt rate should be increased

Postby azrid » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:02 pm

I think its fine that there is some waste produced by industries. Its wrought iron and dross for the spiraling industry.
Making the waste product boost the amount of iron you get to spiral is a bad idea.
azrid

Postby Headchef » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:22 pm

azrid wrote:I think its fine that there is some waste produced by industries. Its wrought iron and dross for the spiraling industry.
Making the waste product boost the amount of iron you get to spiral is a bad idea.

basically it helps the nabs but at same time gives huge amount of cast to the top groups in the world as they have far more waste as well, effectively making it easier to raise quality from the same amount. Agreed undesirable.
Headchef

Postby azrid » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:36 pm

Headchef wrote:basically it helps the nabs

the nabs are fine anyway
they can buy cheap high q tools for just some tar
azrid

Postby Headchef » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:37 pm

azrid wrote:
Headchef wrote:basically it helps the nabs

the nabs are fine anyway
they can buy cheap high q tools for just some tar

Thank you for derailing this thread to an Ocean Store advertisement (-131,-29 official AD market) 40 any quality sticks for ~q280 tools ) 8-)
Headchef

Postby leonideus » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:12 pm

There are always waste products but few are as easily recycled as scrap metal if someone actually cares to do it. I won't say having high level players get more iron for spiraling is good but as is, it a waste of coal to smelt dross. Maybe some sort of new common metal *scrap metal. can only be used in things that say any common metal. heck make it smelt directly into wrought. I literally don't care much what it smelts to as long as it isn't pure slag.
leonideus

Postby jorb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:37 pm

Not sure I like the quality implications of that.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Critique & Ideas