livestock should be able to drink booze instead of water

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

livestock should be able to drink booze instead of water

Postby Ants » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:32 pm

I want to get my rabbits drunk.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Re: livestock should be able to drink booze instead of water

Postby jorb » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:52 am

It ain't right.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Headchef » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:58 am

Only if they are cows and you massage too

https://notesofnomads.com/kobe-beef/

:lol:
Headchef

Postby Ants » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:07 pm

jorb wrote:It ain't right.
No, it's holy.
https://lordsofthedrinks.com/2015/05/13 ... oxication/
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:57 am

@headchef, @ants: thanks for the reads. Awesome!

@ants: i don't know... I know it's practiced around the world, but what would it mean in terms of game mechanics other than being larpy?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby pppp » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:52 am

MagicManICT wrote: what would it mean in terms of game mechanics other than being larpy?

It is easier to make hq alcohol than to get hq water. Since (water+swill)/2 is a cap for chicken and rabbit q, the swill q must rise twice as fast than animal q. Which is not a big deal, but it is still something to watch for.

So, yeah, I can see why people want to use alcohol once they cannot use tanning fluid anymore.

-1 unless it comes with severe q penalty and is essentially a joke mechanics for fun effects. Then most likely -1 again for wasting dev time.

On the brighter side, this thread reminded me my aunt's story when she threw away cherries used in making wine and chicken ate all of these, resulting in drunk chicken randomly lying around the whole yard.
pppp

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:23 am

I guess the quality thing was obvious... I was thinking beyond that. I was thinking more like what you're -1'd... what mechanics would make it something interesting?

And as far as the tanning fluid... well, that cat is out of the bag*. Expect that to get nerfed in the next patch or two, and a lot of coops will need to be rebuilt. (IMO, if anyone is abusing bugs like that, the secret fix should include killing all the animals that have been kept in that building.)

*I think jorb and/or loftar actually already knows about it... I think it was mentioned back at the start of the world with the "tanning fluid in cauldron" thing.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby pppp » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:06 am

I assumed it was already a done deal, maybe I was wrong.

jorb wrote:Tanning fluid in coops and cauldrons prevent their normal use and function.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=62967&p=799543&hilit=tanning+fluid#p799543
Not so sure about rabbit hutches, but that has less impact anyway.

Edit: Regarding "fun" mechanics: make animals escape cages and fall KOed randomly around. Not worth it IMO. Good for griefing.
pppp

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:06 pm

pppp wrote:I assumed it was already a done deal, maybe I was wrong.

I thought it had been, too... but what do I know? I don't screw with livestock of any size because I want to be able to take more than two days away from the game. I've heard this from more than one person, but I'm not going to report something I haven't confirmed.
MagicManICT

Return to Critique & Ideas