C&I subforums

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: C&I subforums

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:36 am

In the defense of leaving 2 sentence suggestions... I'm pretty sure Jorb is more likely to actually read and internalize them
That said, my vote is strongly in favor of mods being Nazis in C&I, considering how much of Jorb's time autistic/spam posts probably waste
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby loleznub » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:46 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:In the defense of leaving 2 sentence suggestions... I'm pretty sure Jorb is more likely to actually read and internalize them
That said, my vote is strongly in favor of mods being Nazis in C&I, considering how much of Jorb's time autistic/spam posts probably waste

Unfortunately, Jorb has said that the largest issue he has with perusing through all the stuff here is that it's a relatively large waste of time with the "noise" he calls it, especially considering he already spends half the day dealing with PM's.

I'm sure the devs would much rather read through a well thought out idea/criticism with examples that might take them 2-3 minutes to read through than a 1-2 sentence post that doesn't do much for them. If the mods had something to go off of, it would reduce the majority of things the devs themselves need to read and thus lead to better time spent and time not being wasted.
loleznub

Postby ricky » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:27 am

Wouldn't be mad if the whole C&I subforum were archived and started again fresh. People still playing would either ask for their archived threads to be moved or simply remake their thread. People who don't play anymore don't have a horse in the race.

Also wouldn't hurt if every thread was prefaced with either Critique (for existing content) or Idea (for new content).
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby Kaios » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:44 am

MagicManICT wrote:Are one of you guys volunteering to organize?

Hey maybe you could do it since you don't do anything else around here like make good suggestions or moderate.
Kaios

Postby Agrik » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:52 pm

Popo13 wrote:Rather than status, I think categorization of ideas could help both the players and the devs.
I don't see how it can help at all here. Sorting by category can be useful for a large dev company with a complex development cycle, version control, where different tasks are processed by different people. But here it would create a useless work of splitting to categories only to merge back later.

MagicManICT wrote:Are one of you guys volunteering to organize?
I can speak only about my suggestion. I may find time to crawl through these 300+ pages to move all "considered" and "looked at" topics to the subforum... in the future. I can't promise anything now, for a week or two at least. But it does not seem to be very hard even though I have no experience of how forum works. Regarding "Implemented" I most likely don't have enough knowledge to reliably distinguish the ideas that were implemented, and checking each one would take significantly more time.
Agrik

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas