Tree Burning

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Tree Burning

Postby Barbamaus » Tue May 04, 2021 3:16 pm

Or you could just let some noobies in your area get them... make them happy, you know :lol:
Barbamaus

Postby Sevenless » Tue May 04, 2021 3:18 pm

It would be cool if we could use a firebrand on either a full uncut tree or just the logs/stumps to remove them over the course of a few minutes

Part of the reason trees are so dense is legacy deforestation. Where you could pretty easily grief someone just by setting a chopping bot going near their village.

Couldn't this be used to grief mass areas of forest without any effort at all?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jordancoles » Thu May 06, 2021 2:02 am

Sevenless wrote:
It would be cool if we could use a firebrand on either a full uncut tree or just the logs/stumps to remove them over the course of a few minutes

Part of the reason trees are so dense is legacy deforestation. Where you could pretty easily grief someone just by setting a chopping bot going near their village.

I'm more in favor of burning the logs rather than the full uncut tree
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby boreial » Thu May 06, 2021 2:45 am

Log Bonfire when?
boreial

Postby shubla » Thu May 06, 2021 8:04 am

Sevenless wrote:

Such things are more difficult now, as it takes 2 stamina bars to chop one tree, and you can chop like 5 trees before running out of energy, only eason for this is probably to prevent chopping bots, but it gets quite annoying when managing tree farms and such, maybe chopping trees in your own claim should be faster.

Tree logs could be lit, kind of like dugouts, but they would burn after 1 or 2 hours into black logs that you could right click to collect sizeable amount of ash.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby ZantetsukenX » Thu May 06, 2021 12:32 pm

shubla wrote:
Tree logs could be lit, kind of like dugouts, but they would burn after 1 or 2 hours into black logs that you could right click to collect sizeable amount of ash.

I really like this idea as well since ash is used more often now due to Lye. Want higher quality? Then use the kiln. Want quantity, then light some logs on fire and return later for the ash. Make the burnt logs destroyable with a single hit if you don't care about the ash.
ZantetsukenX

Postby Flameturtle » Thu May 06, 2021 12:51 pm

ZantetsukenX wrote:
shubla wrote:

I really like this idea as well since ash is used more often now due to Lye. Want higher quality? Then use the kiln. Want quantity, then light some logs on fire and return later for the ash. Make the burnt logs destroyable with a single hit if you don't care about the ash.

Yeah also in favour of this, could even make it that yo have to build a little pit, like a fireplace with a few stones to allow this and let it have somewhere to hold the ash afterwards. If my tree farm was massive I'd make sure i found space for 4 of 5 of these to steadily remove the poorer logs.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas