Tree Burning

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Tree Burning

Postby jordancoles » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:16 pm

My tree farms are full of old low quality logs and undesirable tree rolls and chopping each tree, removing every stump and storing every log (or chopping them into blocks to decay) is incredibly time consuming.

It would be cool if we could use a firebrand on either a full uncut tree or just the logs/stumps to remove them over the course of a few minutes. This would save a ton of time, and energy

To avoid griefing in the wilderness perhaps only trees on claims that you own can be lit, otherwise it would be vandalism
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Re: Tree Burning

Postby Ants » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:23 pm

flag burning should also be a thing
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Granger » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:28 pm

Regarding vandalism: I remember some videos from you and your merry men... since when does something being a crime stop you?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:36 am

Granger wrote:Regarding vandalism: I remember some videos from you and your merry men... since when does something being a crime stop you?

You can already chop trees down with vandalism, if someone wanted to grief your trees they already could
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby boreial » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:51 am

I could get behind this, burning fallen logs with fire brand or torch would be very useful, not so sure about stumps, but logs heck yes
boreial

Postby sabinati » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:01 am

build a bonfire, throw logs in bonfire
sabinati

Postby loleznub » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:35 am

Also seems easier to just not plant more trees than you're going to use / feel like dealing with, instead of forcing something that isn't really a problem for most players onto the devs to "fix" because you don't want to deal with the problem you've created.
loleznub

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:45 am

sabinati wrote:build a bonfire, throw logs in bonfire

You can't, but yes

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:46 am

loleznub wrote:Also seems easier to just not plant more trees than you're going to use / feel like dealing with, instead of forcing something that isn't really a problem for most players onto the devs to "fix" because you don't want to deal with the problem you've created.

I see you have never raised tree quality. Please leave :idea: :ugeek:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Ants » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:20 am

jordancoles wrote:
loleznub wrote:Also seems easier to just not plant more trees than you're going to use / feel like dealing with, instead of forcing something that isn't really a problem for most players onto the devs to "fix" because you don't want to deal with the problem you've created.

I see you have never raised tree quality. Please leave :idea: :ugeek:

Silk also produces lots of old logs since you need a ton of leaves. Having too many logs is definitely a small issue that could use fixing imo. Turning them to mirkwood or tar takes too much effort when you have a lot of them and they're low quality.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas