Lower the slime spawn rates and count for lower levels

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Lower the slime spawn rates and count for lower levels

Postby Leny » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:54 pm

First of all I don't think slimes should spawn from tiles that are on a personal or village claim.

But I also think that their spawn rates (every 5-30 minutes) and spawn counts (up to 11 per tile so far) are higher than what they should be on lower levels of the world. L7/L8 experience.

Same goes for bore worms. I don't think that spawning 8 bore worms at the same time is intentional.

You can argue that the lower levels are supposed to be more dangerous and they are 'cause of the damage and frequency of caveins. But definitely not 'cause of random spawns that just push you to mine elsewhere for a bit till they despawn. Killing them doesn't seem to be worth it or enjoyable. I usually just kill them when we need slime for crafting. Otherwise it's just a waste of time with 5 moves per slime + 2 extra moves per every split + 2 moves between slimes to lower the openings with 6-8 slimes on average. Easier to deaggro and sneak past by or go mining elsewhere.

It actually reminds me of the time they were introduced. The spawn rates were just off and they feel the same way on lower levels right now.

Also, whenever I spawn multiple enemies or I have to deal with multiple enemies I feel like I'm missing any decent AoE skills that I could use to deal with them. I prefer killing a troll/whale/mammoth to dealing with an unlucky ant dungeon design with multiple infinite spawn rooms in a row. To the point where it was harder/more time consuming/more annoying to duo an ant dungeon than soloing a L7 troll.
Everytime I find something that doesn't make sense I can almost see Jorb grinning and mumbling to himself: "working as intended."
Leny

Re: Lower the slime spawn rates and count for lower levels

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:13 am

Leny wrote:I don't think that spawning 8 bore worms at the same time is intentional.

It's quite intentional. Don't fool yourself.

Not the first time for this request, but I have to agree with it. I've just come to accept I have to mine in a full set of armor past a certain level and depending on what my stats are.

Leny wrote:Also, whenever I spawn multiple enemies or I have to deal with multiple enemies I feel like I'm missing any decent AoE skills that I could use to deal with them.

There are decent enough aoe attacks. I'm not a martial expert in the game, and will leave that discussion up to those that know better than I. The bigger issue when mining is swapping in a sword while under attack from a hoard of slimes or boreworms.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: Lower the slime spawn rates and count for lower levels

Postby Headchef » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:21 am

Yeah they are plain annoying. Would be nicer if you want to go fight them you just search in caves rather than being bothered so much during the mining itself it's just unnecessary annoyance..
Headchef

Return to Critique & Ideas