Re-roll for credo quest + commune with nature

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Re-roll for credo quest + commune with nature

Postby Archiplex » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:23 pm

jorb wrote:Getting a one quest reroll seems kind of arbitrary, and I also don't think it would do much to actually help solve the problem you're after. I have to say that some credos being hard to complete during off-seasons seems kind of fine to me.

What's fine about it? If you could 'pause' your credos and work on another, i'd be fine with it. If it only impacted some late credos, i'd be fine with that too!

But what is acceptable about forager and hunter being so hard to finish when it's not summer? What's interesting about being mandated to wait 10-20 days to complete these early credos that can be completed in a couple of hours otherwise? Especially thinking about it from the perspective of someone who's just joined the game during fall/winter. This game already has enough problems with arbitrary hours being sucked out of it to wait hours to do something that has no penalty to anyone else (you still need to buy these things, you know)- we don't need another massive timegate.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby pppp » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:39 pm

jorb wrote:Getting a one quest reroll seems kind of arbitrary, and I also don't think it would do much to actually help solve the problem you're after. I have to say that some credos being hard to complete during off-seasons seems kind of fine to me.

Maybe remove mandatory part of certain credos and then it is fine, indeed.
pppp

Postby Aceb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:55 am

Ok, You're neggiotiating hard here, what about 5 instead of 1?

Half the game is "kind of arbitrary" and what stop You now here? How does that NOT solve the problem of playerbase having to wait WEEKS to complete a simple or not quest? Where is FUN in that? Where is anything than pure RNG here? It's not about "some". I didn't actually check that but I'm fairly sure all credos have more or less seasonal quests. Winter where farming is away, is perfect season to do some quests to save realm from dying. OH wait, right, I can't quest to save my realm for dying. I'M HAVING QUESTS AND CREDOS FOR WRONG SEASONS AND I HAVE TO WAIT WEEKS. No problemo, enemy will wait for auth to go up in summer or something. Re-rolls give players ability to try and complete to gain reward.

What's the point in holding the player far away from reward? To make them go and search for another carrot, where they can progress?
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby jordancoles » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:47 pm

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Archiplex » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:45 pm

jordancoles wrote:

I think there are very few other posts and decisions that were made that expose just how out of touch they are from this game and its community. I’m starting to remember why i quit to begin with.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby jordancoles » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:54 pm

Credos are unreasonably long and by the time you finish the upper tiers, you are usually playing in an empty world

Do you really want mechanics in your game that are "soul-destroying" Jorb?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jorb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:59 pm

Archiplex wrote:expose just how out of touch they are from this game and its community. I’m starting to remember why i quit to begin with.

I'm starting to remember why I often take a very casual approach to the forums. A simple comment to the effect that I don't necessarily mind some influence of seasonality on how easy or hard certain credos are to complete -> Wild accusations.

Chill out.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jordancoles » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:39 pm

There have been no attempts to make credos easier despite multiple comments on streams and player suggestions. It seems implied that there has been a general agreement that something could/should be done to the credo progression, but now that seasons are making them even more drawn out and tedious you have said that you might prefer that.

Think about it from the community's perspective.
We have been hopeful for something better but your comment implies that doing nothing is still the long-term plan (even if future updates were to make the credo grind significantly worse, as seasons apparently have).

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Archiplex » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:32 am

jorb wrote:
Archiplex wrote:expose just how out of touch they are from this game and its community. I’m starting to remember why i quit to begin with.

I'm starting to remember why I often take a very casual approach to the forums. A simple comment to the effect that I don't necessarily mind some influence of seasonality on how easy or hard certain credos are to complete -> Wild accusations.

Chill out.

There was no accusation, but sure, a little hotheaded. I still insist on the matter, however- and it all stems from a place of deep frustration not just shared by me but MANY others. Multiple people have quit ever since this has happened, and the fact that the spring patch mentioned nothing about it potentially being problematic, and that the only response we've had after many posts of people complaining about the same thing (Don't even get me started on the universal complaining over realm chats and discord), you'd think we'd have a better or at least more fleshed out response than "I think it's fine for some credos to be harder"

Is seasonality making some a bit tougher fine? Sure. That's not what we have here. We have a full on dead stop for them that only plays into heavy rng of miraculously rolling non-seasonal quests. Zero insight on what you meant by your original post, and your comment didn't clarify anything- and when it's such a large source of frustration for many people ON TOP of a system that's already incredibly frustrating (the base credos system, that is)- a reaction like this is something you should of expected.

I'm not sure how it was before the seasons patch, but the entire forums have been a ghost town since them too- and I can see why. We have huge, pointless delays on any semblance of progression we can possibly have in the game and many people are dropping like crazy. If you don't want people to react poorly, then at least elaborate your thoughts instead of posting a vague message every new moon that may or may not mean "nothing will be done" (in reference to things like this, of course).
Last edited by Archiplex on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

W7 - Hermit
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby borka » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:39 am

Archiplex wrote:I'm not sure how it was before the seasons patch, but the entire forums have been a ghost town since them too- and I can see why.

If you read more in forums than post you'd prolly have stumbled over a post / thread where it was discussed why the forum is
a ghost town
- namely because of realm chats ingame (RT HowTo) and Discord channels ... so your assumption is wrong for the bigger part ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas