Re-roll for credo quest + commune with nature

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Re-roll for credo quest + commune with nature

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:22 am

jorb wrote:I have to say that some credos being hard to complete during off-seasons seems kind of fine to me.

DDDsDD999

Postby Ants » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:26 am

jorb wrote:Getting a one quest reroll seems kind of arbitrary, and I also don't think it would do much to actually help solve the problem you're after. I have to say that some credos being hard to complete during off-seasons seems kind of fine to me.

It is not fine. People already find credos tedious, forcing them to wait 10 to 30 days to complete a quest is overkill. It is bad for the game. At least make sure that you can only get quests that can be completed during the current season, please.

Notice the playercount drop after the seasons update:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (66.34 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Vigilance » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:53 am

seasons were a mistake change my mind
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby jordancoles » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:45 am

Vigilance wrote:seasons were a mistake change my mind

But kicksleds tho
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby boreial » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:29 am

Seasons were NOT a mistake, just needs a good bit of tweaking to make the game flow a bit more. Keep giving GOOD idea's for the Dev's to consider and things WILL eventually work.
boreial

Postby Colin500 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:31 am

boreial wrote:Seasons were NOT a mistake, just needs a good bit of tweaking to make the game flow a bit more. Keep giving GOOD idea's for the Dev's to consider and things WILL eventually work.

Seasons were a mistake, because it doesn't "just need a good bit of tweaking", it required a lot of content to be added, so that it doesn't seem like a pure "Let's just disable half the content for half a month, then keep 1/3 disabled and finally, we can have a playable game."
Just as the work on seasons was announced I knew it would be delivered in a bad manner, and here I stand by my words, it was seriously wrong to add them with such a little content to the most requiring it seasons.

Remember that ideas we offer to the devs are sometimes implemented with a huge delay (once my paving suggestion was implemented after a year, and they even linked my suggestion in the update woah)

At least now I'm sure, that here's nothing to return to, and I won't be even trying to play next world, since with my limited schedule of gaming I won't be able to play most of the time.

remove credos
Colin500

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:03 am

The worse case scenario yet sadly the most probable:
- jorb intorducing the naked basic mechanics of seasons w/o new content/balancing but with all that bugs/removed content
- fixing some (20-30%) bugs and returning some random stuff w/o any logic here and there
- adding some herbs/bird and 2 new events
- thinking "it's fine for now, I'll return to seasons later"
- player will be left with unfinished, unpolished and mostly unplayable base mechanics for years, while devs starting to make another aspect worse.
tl;dr - when you start something, please finish it.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Ants » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:09 am

Colin500 wrote:
boreial wrote:Seasons were NOT a mistake, just needs a good bit of tweaking to make the game flow a bit more. Keep giving GOOD idea's for the Dev's to consider and things WILL eventually work.

Seasons were a mistake, because it doesn't "just need a good bit of tweaking", it required a lot of content to be added, so that it doesn't seem like a pure "Let's just disable half the content for half a month, then keep 1/3 disabled and finally, we can have a playable game."
Just as the work on seasons was announced I knew it would be delivered in a bad manner, and here I stand by my words, it was seriously wrong to add them with such a little content to the most requiring it seasons.

Remember that ideas we offer to the devs are sometimes implemented with a huge delay (once my paving suggestion was implemented after a year, and they even linked my suggestion in the update woah)

At least now I'm sure, that here's nothing to return to, and I won't be even trying to play next world, since with my limited schedule of gaming I won't be able to play most of the time.

remove credos

It shouldn't be too hard to fix most of it, I think... we just need:
- quests that don't force you to wait a ridiculous amount of time to complete (yes, Jorb, this NEEDS a fix)
- at least one crop that grows in winter
- trees that produce seeds during different seasons and underground trees that give seeds year round
- a source of forageable string and some winter berries for the nabs
- a horse plow to clear snow off the ground faster because it's tedious to have to do it tile by tile
- a toggle to hide snow from the minimap because it makes it really hard to navigate
- a fix for the melting ice destroying docks glitch, if it hasn't been fixed yet
- cherry blossoms in spring (larping as kawaii anime characters is very important :ugeek: )
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Dakkan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:36 am

Seasons haven't even been added yet, just segregating some vital game content up in time, plus ice blocks and sleds. This isn't new content, just restricted access over time to old content. We need actual content relating to each season, more effects (like those wonderful leaves dropping) for other seasons, stuff like that. But emphasis on new stuff, and not restricting access to current stuff. Seasons could be a nice addition to the game eventually, and with the huge amount of effort spent redesigning all the tree assest over different seasons I hope a bit more is coming to flesh everything out.

Also remove credos and quests
Dakkan

Postby Vigilance » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:09 am

Dakkan wrote:Also remove credos and quests

dont talk to me or my trolls ever again

or your trolls for that matter

and play wurm with me
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

PreviousNext