Food & Level Scaling Rework

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Food & Level Scaling Rework

Postby bmjclark » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:24 pm

Personally i would have gone in the direction of increasing damage dealt overall rather than nerfing the effects of const and damage. It kind of has the same effect of reigning in the stat differences it just feels better to keep gaining const than this will (IE, a legacy type situation). That being said, i think this is 100% a move in the right direction and i think long term, it'll be good for the game. I foresee a very angry vocal few storming through this thread at any moment upset that they won't be quite as invincible anymore though.

Also thank god for satiations being removed if you do this, honestly.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Ants » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:39 pm

Thanks for asking the playerbase's opinion. <3 <3 <3
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby jordancoles » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Seems decent.
It still allows you to neckbeard to 5k con but it doesn't benefit you nearly as much. Damage scaling to go with it is definitely a must and I would like to see some example numbers on that as well if someone can be fucked to math it out for me (I turned off that part of my brain after high school).

The drinks change, idk, it seems like it could make drinks even more mandatory and tbh juggling drinks is annoying as fuck. Bucket restrictions to your hands, specific drinking vessels, timegates to making the stuff.. They were/are the main thing with satiations that I disliked aside from the randomness of it just because of the need to move buckets/glasses/barrels around and to always have some on the rotation.

Last I checked you needed to take your wine out and transfer it to a barrel at the optimal time or else it would turn to vinegar. Maybe I'm just putting it in the wrong container but missing those windows is always frustrating. If there was some sort of indicator on the container when it has aged properly or if putting the liquid directly into a demijon would turn it to wine and keep it as wine then it would be less hands-on, specially since you will need to infinitely be chugging the stuff with this change.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Sollar » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:31 pm

Yes. This kind of things would make me want to play again.
At least try it and see how it goes. I don't think it would hurt the playerbase since it's already hitting bottom.
If it catches, expand from there. I think it would make balancing the "endgame" (pve or pvp) way easier if you don't have to think of every stat as being potentially infinite.
Sollar

Postby jordancoles » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:34 pm

How does agility play into this change? Would its effects be leveled out as well?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jorb » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:40 pm

jordancoles wrote:How does agility play into this change? Would its effects be leveled out as well?

Yes.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby killette2 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 pm

I'd also like to ask what will be done for the "useless foods"? Without satiations I can see diets juggling around a handful of good and convenient and then high tier expensive foods, but everything else would be left out.
killette2

Postby shubla » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:29 am

You wouldnt touch to hunger? So we could eat it to like 100 000 % overstuffed or something?
Please at least make the hunger decrease in some more better way, to prevent people from eating infinite amount of food at 50% fep gains.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby sabinati » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:49 am

sounds good to me as long as all the other shit like animals, weapons, armor, gilds, etc, etc, get balanced accordingly, e.g. gilds would need some significant boosts to stats to be effective after a certain point, maybe change them to percentage boosts instead of number boosts or something, otherwise even the best current stat gilds become worthless to mid-high level players
sabinati

Postby SaltyCrate » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:08 am

I couldn't see glaring problems with these ideas after thinking about it for one minute. Which is not what I can say about like 90% of threads in C&I, so I support it.
SaltyCrate

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas