Food & Level Scaling Rework

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Food & Level Scaling Rework

Postby Vigilance » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:55 am

how about we just delete trespass scents because they're only realistically used in trap claims so you can see where the poor nab that just boated over your riverblock is and gank him

tbh ive never been fond of them
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Tamalak » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:51 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Tamalak wrote:I think if you wanted to pump the breaks on crazy amounts of advancement, look at the scaling of items, not stats. Look at what the pros are eating massive amounts of and ask why they're so much better. One suggestion would be to more sharply increase the growth time of crops according to their quality.. so a q90 wheat is 3x as good as q10 but also takes 3x as long to grow. Same with gestation and milk production of animals. If there was some kind of resistance to skyrocketing qualities of domestic stuff, forage would also be more useful.

I think we would all like to see systems to encourage actively interfacing with the game and playing, not to encourage more people to run to bots to get done what they need to do.

Animals/crops taking longer would go against botting.. the bottleneck would become not the work you have to do to make grain/meat/milk, but the territory you have to hold.
Tamalak

Postby vatas » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:35 am

Vigilance wrote:how about we just delete trespass scents because they're only realistically used in trap claims so you can see where the poor nab that just boated over your riverblock is and gank him

tbh ive never been fond of them

+1 for removing Trespass scents from simply walking across the claim (the only thing you can do without Trespassing skill unlocked.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Fostik » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:54 pm

When???
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby jymnils2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:31 am

for the rework of satiations is a complete NO, this will become the new i make a char with 300 STR in one hr just by eating massive amounts of the same food
and will delete completly the career of the CHEFS of the village that make ther job well done by giving they fellow customers a nice variation of foods for each stat.

and for GOd sake, if you finally add this , add a new stat named Obesity, that will be a penalty to agility for eating to much food daily.
jymnils2

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:05 am

jymnils2 wrote:this will become the new i make a char with 300 STR in one hr

Pretty sure with the proper planning, it could be done now.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:05 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
jymnils2 wrote:this will become the new i make a char with 300 STR in one hr

Pretty sure with the proper planning, it could be done now.

You'd top out at ~200STR in an hour with an incredible amount of food (you would require at least 10 power recipes to do this though, each recipe would be good for maybe 20 fep gains before satiations killed it). That'd be assuming you could get 1 stat up per effective 1% hunger which after table with powerfood should be doable (3-5% worth of hunger pre table). You'd go from 300% hunger straight to 100% though for it.

A linear system without satiations would make that much much higher. Without satiations though, recipe variety would drop to basically nothing. I'm heavily against anything that reduces number of viable recipes because what's the point of our lovely cooking system if you only ever eat a single recipe per stat?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Tamalak » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:24 pm

jorb wrote:Whaddayathinkabout...
[*] We remove satiations.

Plz no. Satiations are the only thing keeping the endless endgame march of cheese at bay. Yawn.

If satiations are too much of a pain in the ass right now, just don't have them give a penalty until they reach a certain level, say 75%.

So if I haven't eaten cherry pie in a while I can eat 3 of them for no penalty, but then watch out cuz the fourth one's gonna be only 68% effective.
Tamalak

Postby AtoB » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:49 pm

As long as characters are the sum of all their actions... any attempt to balance this game are doomed to fail, interaction with other players will suck for most and fuckups like spiced axes can not be mitigated without a world reset.
AtoB

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:27 pm

AtoB wrote:As long as characters are the sum of all their actions... any attempt to balance this game are doomed to fail, interaction with other players will suck for most and fuckups like spiced axes can not be mitigated without a world reset.

Uh... any RPG is this. You don't get to be the top level, top geared player in any other RPG by just sitting at the "new character start spot" all day. There are games out there with little to no character progression and it's all about base building, but even that provides certain character progression meaning you go back to... "the character is the sum of all their actions." Maybe you mean something other than what I'm reading here, but there's only so many ways I can try to understand your post.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas