Additional impacts of Attributes / The Labourer's Plea

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Additional impacts of Attributes / The Labourer's Plea

Postby Archiplex » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:47 am

Day in and day out, I am consistently wondering why I bother to use my main character to do any hard labour, as it'd be infinitely more efficient to utilize a fresh, naked alt for a lot of actions given that I won't need to worry about maintaining my energy above a certain point, meaning I don't need to waste my valuable hunger meter on energy foods; So i thought- why do basic stats not impact these actions more?

So, I came up with a list of various things that each stat should impact in order to encourage not using alts for every tiny, miniscule deed. Some of the stats already impact things (like speed when carrying objects)- which is good; but there should be more.

Strength - Impacts speed of hard labour deeds such as digging, chopping trees (but not blocks/boards), mining ice blocks, and farming (It already impacts mining, otherwise i'd suggest that too!)

Agility - Impacts the speed % loss from running uphill, impacts maximum speed limits on various terrains, impacts stamina drain from running on various terrains (Enough agility, for example, should make all terrains be functional to paved roads in terms of stamina loss) For PVP implications; having armor put an effective 'cap' on this would be good, too.

Intelligence - I don't think this needs anything, but if there had to be one thing, i'd make it increase the chance of getting a new combat move when slaying animals.

Constitution - Impacts ALL stamina loss, not just from swimming ability. Alternatively, impacts ratio of stamina restoration -> energy loss. A person with 90 con should be able to chop more wood before drinking/resting than someone with 10 con.

Perception - Impacts chance/severity of wounds from Annoying-Jorb-HHP-Damage-Sources other than midges, such as hedgehogs, crabs, beestings from hives, etc; basically, both having decent gloves and decent eyes should let you avoid these menacing pests.

Charisma - At 40, 90 and 160 charisma your model gains new polygons and looks slightly more attractive See note below about will/psyche

Dexterity - Impacts speed of fine labour deeds; mainly crafting (all) items but also "gathering" actions such as chopping blocks, raiding anthills, harvesting beehives and whatnot.

Will and Psyche suck and I can't think of anything for them- my main idea is just having things to reduce the tedium of hard labour deeds, while also providing incentive to not use 10 stat alts for all of them.

Also, I did think a Credos would fit well for these things; a Labourman credos that's either available off the bat, or after unlocking Farmer and Lumberjack that would...

1. Increase units of soil dug at a time when digging on a survey by 4 (stacks with shovel)
2. Increase radius of harvesting crops when using a scythe by 2
3. Reduce all stamina costs by 20%
4. Can perform hard labour as long as above 2500 energy. Still starves at 2000.
5. Reduces all material costs of any signposts they construct by 10%, rounded up.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Re: Additional impacts of Attributes / The Labourer's Plea

Postby Fierce_Deity » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:15 pm

I agree to an extent. I think reducing signpost building materials is no good but w/e. I also think that jobs should only be able to be sped up/improved to a certain degree.
Last edited by Fierce_Deity on Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fierce_Deity

Postby MrPunchers » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:11 pm

That signpost thing is a no thank you, would make it so you have to have two builders to max out potential q lol.
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby Duncan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:06 am

it would be nice to have simple tasks like butchering go faster on my main
Last edited by Duncan on Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duncan

Postby MrBunzy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:15 am

Anything that effects stamina drain has too many pvp implications, and needs to be approached with caution to not imbalance things. I also don't want to see even more shitty credos until the credo system somehow becomes less shitty.
Aside from that though, it always has sortof bugged me that crafter stats become pointless to raise once you pass the needed crafting softcaps, while combat stats reward you for raising them infinitely. It would feel really nice as a crafter if there were some reward for continuing to push dex higher than the cloth softcap for example, even if it was a very marginal increase in crafting speed for some recipes or something.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Return to Critique & Ideas