pvp credo

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

pvp credo

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:54 pm

it basically gives you all the moves so we dont have to massacre every animal on sight and hope that rng doesnt fuck us over. worst part of dying is having to grind moves.

quests would be killing animals in mc or uac.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Re: pvp credo

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:26 pm

With like 40 moves, a ton of which need to be "learned" several times to increase the level, you are looking at a metric fuckton of quests here unless your request is to be given moves fully upgraded or multiple at a time as rewards.

I feel like being forced to fight a whole ton of animals this way is, atleast in part, meant to give a new player a forced taste of combat along the way. Any new player will get a chance to improve their skills over the roughly tiered system of what animals gives what moves.

I think rather than add a new credo which will only serve to slow down player development even more, maybe a reincarnated player could simply have some sort of easier way to gain their moves back. This is precisely what combat instructions were created for though, and I'm not sure how much easier it could be made without it being pointless and just having them not disappear when you die.
Zentetsuken

Postby MadNomad » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:51 pm

only if it doesnt increase the amount of quests of next credos and has no requirements such as other credos needed to unlock it!
MadNomad

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:14 pm

MadNomad wrote:only if it doesnt increase the amount of quests of next credos and has no requirements such as other credos needed to unlock it!

pretty much this its a free credo that doesnt add any extra levels of credo quests and bascially gives like x5 of moves after completion.
see it as a tutorial for pvp/pve they could do a lot with this to get noobs to understand how the pvp/pve works. would also be nice if we could just skip this when we die by reincarnating with all the moves learned already.
wonder-ass

Postby pppp » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:29 pm

Sounds OP, aka "death should be meaningful" mantra, but maybe keeping basic levels of all moves would be more acceptable. Combine that with a cupboard of combat instructions.
pppp

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:31 pm

pppp wrote:Sounds OP, aka "death should be meaningful" mantra, but maybe keeping basic levels of all moves would be more acceptable. Combine that with a cupboard of combat instructions.

we have stats that take a long ass time to get for the whole death meaningful part re learning combat moves is a chore. 5/5 combat moves with instructions actually takes a long ass time youre better off just killing animals for a couple hours to get it rather than waiting like 48 hours. cant forget the fact you can only have 1 instruction at a time exdee
wonder-ass

Postby pawnchito » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:05 am

when i read the title i thought it would be about collecting skulls which sounds pretty badass.
pawnchito

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:53 pm

pawnchito wrote:when i read the title i thought it would be about collecting skulls which sounds pretty badass.

i mean i wouldnt mind something like this as long as it doesnt give any advantages.
wonder-ass

Postby SiO2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:52 pm

pawnchito wrote:when i read the title i thought it would be about collecting skulls which sounds pretty badass.

Try to come up with idea that is not abusable through alt accounts.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Postby borka » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:52 pm

oh yes great idea ... having a nice pvp credo for the combat guys make hunting hunting again (not fucking combat) and shrub all credos but pvp credo from combat shit ... and maybe make another high tier credo that needs finished pvp credo too (and 24/7 lvl9 troll combat) ...

i'd be fine with that ... a lot lot of credos i didn't move on because of all the combat crap in them i really dislike - wtf do i need to fight with beavers and swan when i just want to fish .... and as a lumberjack i'm still able to run away or even call the hunters ... it reduces my opportunities ...

give fucking combat to the fucking combat guys that get owned in every other game and leave me the fuck alone with that shit

#CombatfreeCredosftw

oh really ?
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Skull_Throne

not to forget all those wannabe badasses that dropped collected skeletons around their base
(the true badasses had tiny spots for their killed enemies inside)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Return to Critique & Ideas