Small fishing QoL suggestion

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Small fishing QoL suggestion

Postby Ants » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:06 pm

How come when you lose your bait it gets automatically replaced if you have more in your inventory but if your line or hook breaks you have to replace them manually?

Pls fix. :(
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Re: Small fishing QoL suggestion

Postby Granger » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:43 am

Derail HEL'd.

I agree with the OP that hook and line should auto-refill like bait, to reduce clicking.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby pppp » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:55 pm

Granger wrote:I agree with the OP that hook and line should auto-refill like bait, to reduce clicking.

Only if exact same type is available.
pppp

Postby Granger » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:25 pm

pppp wrote:Only if exact same type is available.

Does bait stick to the exact type or does it attach LIFO (as i vaguely seem to remember, but it's been a while since I used a rod, nets are way more practical) ?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Fierce_Deity » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:05 pm

Its LIFO, and will use any valid bait.
Fierce_Deity

Postby pppp » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:42 pm

Bait is single use, so a player taking bait for fishing agrees to pick whatever fish fits particular bait.
While lure fishing hook and line decide what you can catch. It is annoying to have it changed in an uncontrollable way, especially people may have different line and hook types on themselves to check what types of fish are available.
pppp

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:28 am

In that case, you should keep a line between fish-scouting and fishing itself, so you keep your lines/hook diversity while scouting and then hold only one type for auto-taking. Otherwise it would make fishing too afk-process IMHO
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby pppp » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:17 am

Enjoyment_2 wrote:In that case, you should keep a line between fish-scouting and fishing itself, so you keep your lines/hook diversity while scouting and then hold only one type for auto-taking. Otherwise it would make fishing too afk-process IMHO

Shrug, I can always write a bot to monitor strings and hooks and break / fix fishing if it goes wrong. I just do not see how it is QoL.
pppp

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:33 am

pppp wrote:
Enjoyment_2 wrote:In that case, you should keep a line between fish-scouting and fishing itself, so you keep your lines/hook diversity while scouting and then hold only one type for auto-taking. Otherwise it would make fishing too afk-process IMHO

Shrug, I can always write a bot to monitor strings and hooks and break / fix fishing if it goes wrong. I just do not see how it is QoL.

Emm, but I was arguing to your words:
pppp wrote:
Granger wrote:I agree with the OP that hook and line should auto-refill like bait, to reduce clicking.

Only if exact same type is available.

And you're saying - if it won't be "exact same type only" it won't be QoL at all
because.... what? you can write a bot? pretty weird arguement...
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby pppp » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:59 am

I meant I can write a bot which will check if substituted string or hook is the type I want and from that point not care anymore about how far you go with your "QoL" ideas, if it ever does matter for me.

Enjoyment_2 wrote:Otherwise it would make fishing too afk-process IMHO

Also, complaining about too afk-process in the thread aiming to make fishing more afk than it is is pretty weird.
pppp

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas