Small fishing QoL suggestion

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Small fishing QoL suggestion

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:54 pm

pppp wrote:I meant I can write a bot which will check if substituted string or hook is the type I want and from that point not care anymore about how far you go with your "QoL" ideas, if it ever does matter for me.

Enjoyment_2 wrote:Otherwise it would make fishing too afk-process IMHO

Also, complaining about too afk-process in the thread aiming to make fishing more afk than it is is pretty weird.

well, there's a difference between "more afk" and "too much afk". If you want one more spoon of sugar for your tea - you won't be happy with one more kilo of sugar in it.
And again, what does your ability to write bot contribute in this topic? And how it is related with "specific lines type"?
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:07 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:If you want one more spoon of sugar for your tea - you won't be happy with one more kilo of sugar in it.

Just because someone likes 4 cubes of sugar instead of two doesn't mean they want the whole damn bag dumped in their cup. :roll: (Seems like there was some sketch comic that took this hyperbole and made a skit out of it.)

I do support this idea, but let's not get too obsessed on the details of client interface and clicking mechanics as long as fishing values need a massive rework. Nobody is going to bother fishing, anyway. And no matter how easy or complex the interface is made, someone is going to write a bot for it. It's the world's worst argument for or against any proposed mechanics change.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:03 pm

I've heard some ppl still do fishing a lot. Not for the fish itself, ofcourse, but for whales and boots, so they're looking for spots w/o fish, and obviously will be very happy to make it more afk)
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Ants » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:37 am

Enjoyment_2 wrote:I've heard some ppl still do fishing a lot. Not for the fish itself, ofcourse, but for whales and boots, so they're looking for spots w/o fish, and obviously will be very happy to make it more afk)

Lol, it's already AFK for people who use bots. There are people with cabinets full of boots.

Anyways, the proposed change wouldn't make things too AFK because eventually you will always run out of bait, hooks and lines. You would still need to check on your character every 5 minutes or so.

pppp wrote:
Granger wrote:I agree with the OP that hook and line should auto-refill like bait, to reduce clicking.

Only if exact same type is available.

Agreed.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:48 am

knarr, wheelbarrows full of entrails... >boom< automated for hours. Fill one barrel with a string stockpile (two or three if necessary), fill one (or more) with bones to make hooks (or could just fill the hold with hooks). Can use the wheelbarrows you empty to bring the fish back (if you want to keep the fish). Toss in a chest or two if you're truly after only boots and whales.

I'd say knarrs are more of an issue to automated fishing than replacing line and hook.

@Enjoyment_2: good point about the boots and whales. I don't know about anyone else, but I still go after eel for seafood RoBs to raise PSY. Also, I shouldn't toss my own hyperbole in there, either (shouldn't say 'nobody,' 'everybody,' etc.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:25 am

pss, you can get a 1K of bait, if you're standing within 4 stockpiles of "dirt" (filled with worms, obviously)
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas