Tree Seeds in Spring

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Tree Seeds in Spring

Postby LadyCricket » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Alright, show of hands - who else thinks it sucks that we can't get tree seeds in spring? Anyone?
Granted, it makes sense for certain trees from a realism standpoint; for example, apples are well known to come into season in fall. But can we have *some* trees that start producing seeds in spring, so the village treefarmer isn't stuck sitting on his thumbs until next season??? Cherries, for example! Cherries come into season pretty early in the year! Anyone with me?
LadyCricket

Re: Tree Seeds in Spring

Postby sery » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:29 pm

I'm with you. Thats really annoying.
sery

Postby borka » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:30 pm

Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Bandit7cdl » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:34 pm

I also think it's overkill. I can understand and live with no seeds in winter, and even loosing those seeds that would have gotten ready the 1st or 2nd day of winter. But, they should start back very quickly once spring has sprung. Like the day after? We would still be "punished" as it seems is the goal for not having seeds during the winter. But, once spring is here I think we should get things back to normal pretty quick.
Bandit7cdl

Postby WiseWoman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Further to this, I don't think the seed reset should apply to underground trees at all as they already take forever to regenerate spores/whither corn. Otherwise I think their regeneration rate should be sped up to be the same as above ground.
WiseWoman

Postby Ants » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:39 am

+1
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby MrBunzy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:42 am

+1
no tree farming for weeks at a time because 'realism' is stupid. Winter is bad enough, but adding more weeks of not playing in spring is horrible.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby boreial » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:45 am

Yep, it is agreed by many that tree/bush seeds being non-existent from winter start until...... is not a mechanic that any of us are enjoying, (Unless they are a masochist). I KNOW Jorb plays on occasion, I just do not know if he worries about things like quality or credos/quests when he does play. Not even sure I've seen him combat either, 2 times I recall him being attacked he either ran to a cave, or used a "god command" to despawn the gob.
boreial

Postby Archiplex » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:50 am

+1 as with the other thread, but also add berries and mushrooms back into the fray.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:25 am

+1
It is kinda stupid to just remove half of content from the game with promises of "great opportunities it would grant in future". HnH is not that kind of game. We have thousands of promises to "consider", "look at it" and etc. w/o any future promises in that directions. Instead we got some new stuff suggested right the day before update. So when devs say "we have another plan to resolve it" - it may take years and ppl just not able to do stuff, "because of r(s)easons".
Maybe devs should first implement some solutions (like greenhouses/ ability to "warm" cliams/ hearth magic to make tree give seeds) and when it is ready - remove the content.
just my 2 pennies
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas