A butchers shop!

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

A butchers shop!

Postby diamond » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:05 pm

We now have ice in haven and all it does is give us snow, but it gave me an idea of how to deal with an issue of mine and that's: "decaying corpses"!
so the way my idea started out was simple, very simple, simply add a meat locker, a storage unit in which you can place 2 medium size corpses (I.E foxes badgers and goats act.) or 1 large animal (bears, boars, cows and so on) and use Ice as "fuel" in order to prevent the bodies from decaying over time, and helping us save space on unwanted butchers.

But then it came to me, that we should have a more advanced method of butchering the animals we gather instead of just tossing them on the floor and then go all willy-nilly with a knife of sorts, why not make it "MORE REALISTIC" you know, tedious.

First, have a structure known as either a "Meat hut" or "Butchers shop" and have that be a place where you can install what is known as a "Meat hook"
( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_hook )
from which you can hang your dead animals in order to prep them, once prept they can be: skinned, cleaned or butchered for a higher q value or (and this is my more preferred option) gain extra loot!

What do you guys think?
diamond

Re: A butchers shop!

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:53 pm

IMHO - too complicated, low profit, much dev.work, but interesting as idea itself
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Re: A butchers shop!

Postby SiO2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:48 pm

It (cold container for corpses) is too useful for strider/hunter credo and will improve quality of life alot, therefore devs will not go for it.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Return to Critique & Ideas