Animals progress too fast

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Animals progress too fast

Postby SiO2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:54 pm

With new seasons quality gain of farm-related products has reduced, but animals reproduce just as fast and demand more fast growing quality crops. That means that if you will not rebalance the situation, you will encourage fraction boiz for using bots and discourage all other players. The very thing you trying to avoid with your "quality running away" "problem solving".
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Re: Animals progress too fast

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:20 pm

If you have cows over Q400 but you can't afford the 1/10th of a gold bar needed to get seeds of adequateQ to feed them something has gone wrong on your end. Same applies if turnips grew at 3/4ths the rate. It wouldn't even be a consistent cost, since lowQ food doesn't affect animal quality progression, just what's harvestable - and you can work around that by killing babies if highQ swill is too hard. You could even just feed the babies their parents.

Don't get me wrong, quality farming is busted and unfun, but this isn't the reason.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby borka » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:31 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
Don't get me wrong, quality farming is busted and unfun, but this isn't the reason.

@SiO2
i don't use bots (beside Amber builtin farm scripts) and can handle the reproduction rate (which is by no means progression rate aswell) fine ... too many: just kill some and i keep the males seperated most of time (good old legacy habbit)

and those who prepared for winter shouldn't have probs with feeding ... funny enough after the first harvesting i got the same amount food (stored + fresh) i had when winter started back again ... which means more than i need right now ... prolly also because the eating rate was halfed while winter ...

and i even don't feed them snuggle suggested high q turnips ... but flax seeds (mixed with pumpkin flesh for lower q animals)

turnips are for trees ;)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby SiO2 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:04 am

1) Dont judge from the points of qualities atm, look at the gain rate. Loftar basically rebalanced half of the game while left us with resources from old balance.
2) feeding animals with turnip is stupid tedious thing. Previously there was pumpkin for bulk swill and turnip for quality push if required. Animal q increased roughly at the rate of pumpkin, so you was not required to make tons of turnip. Now pumpkin is WAY slower, so you are pushed to do boring everyday farming of fast crops.
3) market qualities are bot based.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Postby borka » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:11 am

I don't get this "bots" ranting ... either you use them or you don't

And if you don't use bots why care about others doing it ?!?

And when you think you'll have to compete don't blame it on bot use if you can't compete with them ... get or write bots (there's enough knowledge shared over the years)

Also blaming loftar (and jorb) for bot use is ....

I might get your opinion wrong ... i'm only a tiny non competing noob
borka

Postby SiO2 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:24 am

While devs dont ban for botting they dont really appreciate it, case botting gap reduces player base and unreasonably increases load on server. What they do is making botting less profitable since lunch of HnH 2.0. I'm just pointing out obvious things, to be sure devs would not miss em.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Postby borka » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:37 am

botting gap reduces player base
... yep only botters still play ;)

prolly mainly because none of my active friends and kins bot ... besides using QoL scripts in Ard or Amber
and i'd say the majority in realm chat neither is botting ...

unreasonably increases load on server

honestly ouch just ouch

What they do is making botting less profitable since lunch of HnH 2.0

which you sure can give proof of by rising numbers in RM trades ;)
borka

Postby SiO2 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:06 pm

borka wrote:which you sure can give proof of by rising numbers in RM trades ;)

It is inevitable consequence of increased community size.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Postby MadNomad » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:58 am

SiO2 wrote:With new seasons quality gain of farm-related products has reduced, but animals reproduce just as fast and demand more fast growing quality crops. That means that if you will not rebalance the situation, you will encourage fraction boiz for using bots and discourage all other players. The very thing you trying to avoid with your "quality running away" "problem solving".

eh just slay most of the lowest quality animals and keep a few of the best quality, and this way you can avoid the headache
if the amount of animals isnt too high you can somehow manage to feed them with fast growing plants and at the same time keep some stockpiles of food without having a 100x100 farm (that would take the whole day to farm :roll:)

if you have 100 or 200 animals instead of 15-30 then you're just going to run out of time without bots, and it was like that even without seasons

but it would indeed be nice if animals required less food
MadNomad

Postby Granger » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:55 am

MadNomad wrote:but it would indeed be nice if animals required less food

Growing Grass to unload feeding animals from the farmers, please.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas