re- combat moves suggestion

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

re- combat moves suggestion

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:27 am

please lessen the grind to acquire moves a simple quest at the start of creation that gives you the move complete 5/5 after finishing it would work. going around killing countless animals with shit luck is tedious and boring.

create a combat deck > fight and kill an ant > chop 5/5
fight and kill a bat > lowblow 5/5 etc

could procedurally make it more difficult with high end moves like cleave being unlocked by the bigger baddies like bear
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Re: re- combat moves suggestion

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:45 am

As an alternative, I'd like to see it go back to the older system of using LP or something and simply buying the actions. "The hunt" was interesting the first time around. Since then, it's just annoying. Combat instructions are a useful alternative for the current system, but you have know someone that has the move at the level you want, so someone has to go out and grind it out to begin with, and then they take forever and a day to get to 5. If I were making combat alts, I'd make them a few dozen at a time, just so I could get them studying those combat moves.

Also, since I'm a PvP noob, does anyone use less than 5/5 in any actions once they have learned them? For hunting, at least up to bears, you don't really even need 10 different actions in your deck. If nobody runs around with 2 or 3 out of 5, then what is even the point of having that option?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Headchef » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:55 am

Yes magicman, less than 5/5 is used because there are only 30 moves in a deck.

But yeah agree getting moves is random tedious nonsense would be nice if there was an alternative
Headchef

Postby azrid » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:36 pm

You just need 1 guy with 5/5 move in your group and then you just study it.
azrid

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:31 pm

azrid wrote:You just need 1 guy with 5/5 move in your group and then you just study it.

sure once everyone has the moves you cut the grind by like half that still shit tho.
wonder-ass

Postby jorb » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:02 pm

Myeah, unsure on that one. I agree that there's some tedium to it, but I like it as a way to introduce new moves and such. You can teach them to new characters.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:25 pm

jorb wrote:I agree that there's some tedium to it

going around killing animals for 1 hour only to not get a single point of the move you wanted is aggrevating.
wonder-ass

Postby Archiplex » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:19 am

I definitely dont agree with a "quest that gives you all the moves" but reducing the tedium would be great.

Guaranteeing, for example, that your first few kills on each monster type will grant you 1 of each move it can grant (1 per skill), and then increasing the chances of getting additional copies of moves you already have just a bit would be good.

Easy to at least GET all the moves, but still takes time to become fully optimal.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:22 pm

wonder-ass wrote:going around killing animals for 1 hour only to not get a single point of the move you wanted is aggrevating.

not any worse than digging a straight line for several hours looking for a particular common ore and never finding it, either in the layer you're digging through, or the one underneath.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:55 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:going around killing animals for 1 hour only to not get a single point of the move you wanted is aggrevating.

not any worse than digging a straight line for several hours looking for a particular common ore and never finding it, either in the layer you're digging through, or the one underneath.

yes because mining and having full 5/5 restorations are one in the same thing. tldr not having 5/5 zigzag was a huge disatvantage.
wonder-ass

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas