Please god change natural recources

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Please god change natural recources

Postby Rexz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:45 am

Headchef wrote:
Rexz wrote:
Headchef wrote:You mean scout bots? Ye no

Anything that doesn't involve combat competition is just shit.

It could potentially lead to more interactions with randoms outside of the world where conflict can escalate from resource being around and not just behind walls.

Or it could lead to interactions where friendlier people may negociate and make trades instead of combat. Most the people I encountered thus far has been inside their base and not outside in the wild. I guess that's mainly due to lack of player pop atm and I haven't gotten to the point of seafaring yet, and have only obtained ridable horses fairly recently.

Friendlier? Negotiation is just weakness because why not otherwise take all for self. The thought that people deserve a part of a resource for the fact they exist is just a joke so..

But as I said, if you're going to spread this shit randomly for all to find, sure a few hermit will walk randomly and perhaps find something. But bigger groups will just run tens of bots.

Which is harder to combat if you are the opposing party, then a centralised spawn where you can actually compete for it.

Will hardcore bot farmers not just overwhelm you if you try to fight them for resources anyway? Locked behind a gate or not. Are you speaking about combat competition from a 1v1 situation or group combat? Because it sounds like either way the party with the number advantage, whether in number of players, or having higher stat than you, to always have a competitive advantage, which actually kills competition in the long run. This is what spreading the resources around would attempt to equalize a bit I guess, although Im not sure what the best approach to that would be instead of having it all be randomized, where resources would just scrambles around every now and then which might fucks with unlucky people even more who are not blessed by RNGesus.
Rexz

Postby shubla » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:17 pm

Devs still not replied to this thread, not surprising!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby cvgff » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:04 pm

Headchef wrote:Friendlier? Negotiation is just weakness because why not otherwise take all for self. The thought that people deserve a part of a resource for the fact they exist is just a joke so..

But as I said, if you're going to spread this shit randomly for all to find, sure a few hermit will walk randomly and perhaps find something. But bigger groups will just run tens of bots.

Which is harder to combat if you are the opposing party, then a centralised spawn where you can actually compete for it.

but its already like that at world start and the groups with the scout bots just find the resources and wall it in then vclaim it and there you go, after that point they have no competition and hermits get fucked then the bigger groups advantage just keeps going up and up, making the resources get randomized would atleast give the hermits a chance.
World 3: Hermit
World 4: Hermit
World 5: Random village in the middle of a river
World 6: South side unicorn tribe
World 7: Ainran i think
World 8: New rain port - lawspeaker
World 9: Kool Kids club
World 10: New Nightvale, waterdeep
World 11: Leviathans wake, Neverland
cvgff

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:36 pm

LMAO my god you are getting trolled, headchef is like shubla on steroids

imagine thinking that the randomization of local resources would result in "bigger groups???" just running dozens and dozens of bots around the world at all times in hopes of finding where they pop up

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are just feeding his post count at this point boys
Zentetsuken

Postby Headchef » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:46 pm

Just because you are a shitter incapable of anything doesn't mean others can't.

There are haven clients that use minimal hardware so can run over 100 easily on one pc and just use that to find this "random" shit.

So yeah for you it's not imaginable because you just sit on haven inside your plot doing nothing aside of shitposting on 3 fps so no wonder lmao
Headchef

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:53 pm

oh sweet summer child ...
Zentetsuken

Postby cvgff » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:16 am

Headchef wrote:Just because you are a shitter incapable of anything doesn't mean others can't.

There are haven clients that use minimal hardware so can run over 100 easily on one pc and just use that to find this "random" shit.

So yeah for you it's not imaginable because you just sit on haven inside your plot doing nothing aside of shitposting on 3 fps so no wonder lmao

even if they do that so what?
There are already bots at world start that do that, all this will do is make it harder for said people to do that, making it random would give regular players a chance and that's the whole point it will also most likely increase the chance of encounters and exploration ect.
World 3: Hermit
World 4: Hermit
World 5: Random village in the middle of a river
World 6: South side unicorn tribe
World 7: Ainran i think
World 8: New rain port - lawspeaker
World 9: Kool Kids club
World 10: New Nightvale, waterdeep
World 11: Leviathans wake, Neverland
cvgff

Postby jorb » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:55 pm

They were added to provide points of conflict. It can be argued that they don't, but I'm not convinced that they therefore should be changed. I wouldn't mind moving resources, or if some subset of them did move every now and then.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:03 pm

i think only icicles and salt should move every time you harvest from them the rest can stay the same.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby jorb » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:31 pm

wonder-ass wrote:i think only icicles and salt should move every time you harvest from them the rest can stay the same.

Because they are functionally irrelevant and you don't care about them?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas